Process Control Engineer
Posted on 01/10/2022
We are seeking a Process Control Engineer to join our team in Dalton, MA. In this position, you will play a critical role with an exciting organization known for innovative currency and banknote technology.
You will be designing, developing, and modifying process control systems throughout the Dalton campus. You will also manage upgrade projects (<$100K); work as a part of a team on larger projects (>$100K); as well as troubleshoot existing systems to maintain production schedules.
Crane offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Don’t miss out, apply via our careers page at: www.careersatcrane.com
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Engineering process control projects from inception to completion.
- Provide professional leadership to ensure successful project designs, installations and operation.
- Design, cost estimating, budget and project management of capital and maintenance related process control projects.
- Assist operations and maintenance in troubleshoot issues with existing process control systems as required.
- Work as part of the team to complete the upgrade of obsolete process control (OT) computer systems in Dalton.
- Provide support to other engineering and maintenance departments as required.
- Direct interaction with process control suppliers and contractors for services and equipment.
- Submit periodic project status reports, as required, to Engineering, Operations and all other involved departments, as well as keeping accurate information on project costs and alerting management of possible over-runs.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Ability to generate and evaluate technical specifications for electrical systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and resolving process control problems and issues.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of capital projects ($0K-$100K) from the feasibility through execution.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with personnel at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, tact and diplomacy at all levels for dealing with suppliers and building/leading teams.
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering preferred, relevant process control experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- One or more years of experience with programming, upgrading, installing and designing industrial process control systems preferred.
- Applicants must be United States citizens and will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.Back to All Careers