Project Manager- Industrial Automation
Posted on 04/12/2023
Rochester, NY or Painted Post, NY
Adaptec Solutions is a top-ten, North American integration partner engineering diverse material handling and automation solutions with lifecycle service support for manufacturing, distribution, and warehousing companies.
***This position can be at our Rochester, NY OR Paint Post, NY location.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading a team tasked with completing Industrial Automation projects by a set deadline, within a defined budget and ensuring compliance to quoted scope. He/she will function as the primary point of contact between the customer and Adaptec Solutions and will be responsible for setting milestones, deadline dates, delegation of tasks, creating work plans, executing work plans, keeping projects on schedule and within budget and communicating results/plans/activities to stakeholders. The project manager will report to the Manager of the Project Management Organization.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of the assigned Industrial Automation project.
- Serve as primary project liaison between staff, customers, and external partners to deliver the project scope within schedule and budget.
- Address and resolve day-to-day issues and concerns with customers, suppliers, and other project staff.
- Lead project team in identifying risks to the contracted scope and develop mitigation plans.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop the approach to technical and/or commercial changes that will impact scope of supply and pricing changes.
- Provide Project Change Orders (PCO’s) to customers for changes to project scope, either directly to the customer, or via the sales team as mutually agreed with the sales team.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate a project schedule using tools such as MS Project, Adaptec RSS or other tools as deemed necessary to ensure the project meets all milestones. This may also include leading daily/weekly project meetings with project team/customer to communicate critical project information.
- Maintain project whiteboard at machine side with critical information including schedule, roadblocks, budget adherence and changes to scope.
- Schedule and conduct meetings according to the Adaptec standard processes.
- Manage project budgets, track project costs, and communicate status consistently to management according to Adaptec standard processes. This includes ensuring all invoicing is current, all materials are ordered and accounted for, all budgets are accurate and current within the Encompix business system.
- Creation of both long – and short – term plans in as much detail as possible to ensure mission assurance.
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options to keep the project on schedule, on budget and on scope.
- Ensure material credits are completed and charged to the correct work center.
- Ensure labor is charged correctly within the Encompix business system.
- Utilize reports to ensure project is tracking to budget. Project manager is expected to explain project transactions at the detail level when queried.
- Monthly responsibilities include ensuring budgets are audited for accuracy, all labor and material transactions are accounted for, any milestone invoicing is current, and any vendor transactions are accounted for, and any invoices have been received and accounted for.
- He/she is responsible for loading the initial project budget, providing the initial order acknowledgement letter, providing schedules, initiating PCO’s documents including cost estimates and coordinating assistance between other functional departments.
- Responsible for ensuring run off/acceptance criteria is defined and adhered to ensuring smooth transfer of ownership. This also includes final acceptance sign off documentation.
- Will “own” the project from inception through warranty expiration ensuring post installation needs are met.
- Responsible for ensuring all final documentation is completed and delivered to the customer.
- Collaborate with order entry, finance, design, build and system engineering to ensure project details are understood and adhered to.
- Develop crisis work plans as needed with project team and publish same.
- Travel as required.
- Perform related duties as required to maintain project schedule, budget, and contractual requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, project management, operations, engineering and/or combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum three years prior Project Management experience.
- Minimum five years prior experience with Industrial Automation, Robotics, PLC controlled equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of Automation components, suppliers, processes, logic, and risk.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB:
- Must be willing and able to travel to customer sites for Project Kick-off, and Project Acceptance Testing visits, up to 20%
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- “Can-do” attitude, willing to “own” project deliverables and work challenges until all avenues are exhausted.
- Able to work/lead cross functional teams across multiple locations.
- Knowledge and understanding of machine and manufacturing processes.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking, negotiating, managerial, organizational, decision-making, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Skill in project management software.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, cont:
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to set and manage multiple priorities, and establish deadlines and ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Thorough attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, specifically percentage of complete.
- Ability to provide effective advice and counsel on strategic and/or critical communication issues and to exercise effective judgement.
- Ability to develop and deliver oral presentations and written materials for a variety of audiences and multiple venues.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data files.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and industry-related technical instructions and specifications in mathematical or diagram form to understand and define product requirements.
As a member of the Adaptec Solutions team you will be eligible to participate in our flexible benefits program which include generous paid time off (PTO), 11 paid company holidays including your birthday, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, short-term/long term disability coverage and basic life/AD&D insurance.
Adaptec Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Back to All Careers