Posted on 03/03/2021
Auburn Hills, MI
Who is Shape?
SHAPE is a strategic combination of companies including H20 Jet, Flow International, KMT Waterjet, AquaDyne, Advanced Pressure Systems (APS), Aquarese, TOPS Waterjet; Shape Mined Material; and Shape Process Automation. Collectively, we provide an extensive portfolio of manufacturing process solutions to customers around the world. The core technology of SHAPE was founded in high pressure waterjet cutting, cleaning, and surface preparation.
We work together to develop intellectual properties that drive progress and raise the bar in service excellence, we set the standard for integrity, professionalism, and inclusiveness to meet the challenges of rapidly evolving industries. Tomorrow’s customers will require more innovative solutions, we continue to push the envelope in developing the advanced technologies and digital tools to solve manufacturing challenges at the pace and scale of the markets we serve.
Who are we looking for?
As SHAPE continues to develop into exciting new markets, we welcome like-minded professionals who share our excitement and optimism for the future. Operating across multiple disciplines, we have ample opportunity for you to grow your career in our organization.
Shape believes their success lies in the talented people that work in their organization! Our philosophy is of community and a place where people can belong, thrive and succeed! We pride ourselves on being cultural champions of our brand and values.
What sets Shape apart from other companies?
SHAPE is invested in providing constant learning and development opportunities and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits packages. We are a multinational, highly technical and innovative company that provides global career opportunities. We seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We are always looking for team members that want to be ahead of the curve, using latest technologies to apply in every way we do business. Our employees are dynamic, highly talented and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment.
We encourage you to look into employment opportunities at Shape Technologies Group. Let’s build something together.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
The System Technician will be part of a team that has the responsibility of commissioning the machines we build for our customers up to a level of production readiness. This starts at assisting with the development of new technologies through production support, customer training and ending with final acceptance by the customer. Working under the Software Engineering Manager you will work closely with members of the Software and Development team assisting with the setup, and the debugging of machine operation. The System Technician will be working closely with the Mechanical and Electrical Integration teams and will be the hands-on project lead. In this role you will also be interacting with the Project Management and the Engineering teams.
Along with the entire team at Shape Process Automation, you will contribute to the commercial success of the projects you are involved with by using your knowledge and experience with the industrial machines to advise the project stakeholders of opportunities for cost savings or potential risk.
- Check in of robots, manuals, and software.
- Loading robot software.
- Verification of options, mounting angles, servo parameters, mastering, setting to zero position for plumbing if required.
- Assist in the mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic integration of the robot into the assigned system.
- Set up of calibration or enhancement tools.
- Repeatability testing of all system motion groups including robots.
- Verify correct servo parameters are installed in robot.
- Perform functionality testing of proprietary process specific software (Jetware, Routerware, etc….).
- Perform required test cuts, submit test cut plaques to PM in 8.5” x 11” format.
- Part Programming.
- When systems are complete. Set the systems up to loop for shake down test.
- Support internal runoff and complete verification checklists.
- Complete robot controller backups and store on network.
- Perform installation and start up assistance on the customers’ floor.
- Complete programming requirements after installation.
- Conclude any open issues after installation, including technical support.
- Notify Project Manager when installation requirements completed
- Perform robot setup for process specific applications.
- Work within project defined schedule and budget estimates.
- Involvement in controls, programming, motion, communication systems, electrical design, vision systems and robotic integration.
- Special assigned projects as assigned by Software Manager.
- Represent Shape Process Automation in a professional and mature manner.
- Travel to commission and support systems at customer facilities for extended periods of time.
- Travel may range from 20% - 60% annually. Travel does vary per team member.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fanuc Robots.
- Programming and/or troubleshooting knowledge of Fanuc, ABB, Motoman robots.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- General mechanical and electrical aptitude of automated systems.
- “Whatever it takes” type of attitude.
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel internationally. Mainly within North America.
- Must have valid passport and driver’s license
- Self-motivated and driven to meet challenging goals.
- Ability to interface well with customer personnel at various levels.
- Proven ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to think “outside the box’.
- Detail oriented. Outstanding organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to operate effectively within a culture that promotes safety, customer satisfaction, and teamwork.