Posted on 03/03/2021
Auburn Hills, MI
Who is Shape?
SHAPE is a strategic combination of companies including H20 Jet, Flow International, KMT Waterjet, AquaDyne, Advanced Pressure Systems (APS), Aquarese, TOPS Waterjet; Shape Mined Material; and Shape Process Automation. Collectively, we provide an extensive portfolio of manufacturing process solutions to customers around the world. The core technology of SHAPE was founded in high pressure waterjet cutting, cleaning, and surface preparation.
We work together to develop intellectual properties that drive progress and raise the bar in service excellence, we set the standard for integrity, professionalism, and inclusiveness to meet the challenges of rapidly evolving industries. Tomorrow’s customers will require more innovative solutions, we continue to push the envelope in developing the advanced technologies and digital tools to solve manufacturing challenges at the pace and scale of the markets we serve.
Who are we looking for?
As SHAPE continues to develop into exciting new markets, we welcome like-minded professionals who share our excitement and optimism for the future. Operating across multiple disciplines, we have ample opportunity for you to grow your career in our organization.
Shape believes their success lies in the talented people that work in their organization! Our philosophy is of community and a place where people can belong, thrive and succeed! We pride ourselves on being cultural champions of our brand and values.
What sets Shape apart from other companies?
SHAPE is invested in providing constant learning and development opportunities and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits packages. We are a multinational, highly technical and innovative company that provides global career opportunities. We seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We are always looking for team members that want to be ahead of the curve, using latest technologies to apply in every way we do business. Our employees are dynamic, highly talented and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment.
We encourage you to look into employment opportunities at Shape Technologies Group. Let’s build something together. Check out our website at www.shapetechnologies.com
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for project execution from PO receipt to final signoff
- Manage and report project costs on a timely basis
- Flexible work schedule to sufficiently complete the job requirements to ensure customer satisfaction
- Cross-departmental problem solving, focus on cost reduction opportunities
- Adherence to existing PM processes, and contribution to future process development as part of our continuous improvement initiative
- Coordinate project requirements with outside suppliers as needed
- Conduct cross-functional meetings with department managers
- Develop, monitor, and communicate project timing
- Track open issues and resolutions
- Maintain open communication with customer throughout project
- Communicate project scope and technical content to customer, SPA team, suppliers as needed.
- Manage engineering phase with focus on reducing ‘scope creep’, and obtain customer approvals
- Coordinate system build phases with project teams
- Conduct Internal and Customer Runoffs
- Organize system shipment and installation
- Quote and implement Engineering Changes on projects
- Develop and report financial status monthly, or more frequently as required
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate within a culture that promotes safety, customer satisfaction, and teamwork
- Ability to manage multiple, high-level Engineered-To-Order projects and customers concurrently
- Act as the single point of contact for customer communication
- Strong interpersonal skills; work effectively with the project team in a fast-paced environment
- Efficient use of computer and software – MS Office, MS Project
- Operate with a professional appearance and demeanor
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Occasional domestic and international travel, valid passport required
- Operate with honesty, integrity, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
Minimum Education & Experience
- PMP certification or similar formal PM training preferred coupled with a Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business area preferred
- 6-8 years of robotic/automation/tooling related technical project management experience