Regional Automation Manager
Posted on 02/19/2021
Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Dallas, Texas
Location: Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. Develops and implements agreed upon sales plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the assigned market area. Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the sales of automation equipment and system integration
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Automation Specialist meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers as well as technical people of all levels at customers and potential customers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to lower their manufacturing costs and increase their productivity.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather, submit detailed business information for pricing and presentations of solutions to identified prospects' manufacturing processes.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Maintains records of current projects in company database (SalesForce) which is used to generate sales forecast and keeps information up to date.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
To successfully complete all duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum of five years of sales experience in Manufacturing/Engineering in the design of equipment comparable to products of Acieta or in functions of business closely related to the manufacturing processes of these types of products; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven ability to achieve sales quotas. Willingness to travel and work with a team of professionals.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Licenses and/or Other Requirements:
- Five years of project management or equivalent experience in an organization using matrix management. Work experience related to automation systems is a plus.
- Personal computer literacy with working familiarity of software using Microsoft’s Office Suite products.
- PC based CAD experience with at minimum 2D and preferably 3D modeling is a plus and a willingness to learn this software as quickly as possible is a requirement.
Minimum Education & Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud when visiting customer facilities.
- Business casual attire required.
- A good driving record is necessary to be covered by Acieta automobile insurance.
- A valid credit card is needed for hotels, meals, etc. (Note: Expenses are reimbursed upon