Field Service Engineer
Posted on 01/21/2021
Saint Louis, MO
The FIeld Service Engineer (FSE) is the primary representative of the company during what for the customer is usually a high stress situation. Because of that, these qualities and skills are critical:
- A positive attitude is a primary quality required
- Self motivated requiring very little supervision.
- Starting up and troubleshooting of robotic palletizing, de-palletizing, machine tending and other packaging and material handling equipment.
- Understanding of Frequency Drives, Photocells, Proximity switches, high and low voltage systems, 1 & 3 phase electric circuit.
- Network startup – Both Ethernet and Programmable Controller.
- Allen Bradley- PLC & HMI Programming, FANUC Robotics checkout and startup.
- Peripheral equipment interface (Scales, printers, etc).
- Review Electrical control schematics.
- Assistance with and final check of equipment layouts in preparation for installation.
- Develop and maintain installation and check-out check lists.
- Respond to customer requests in a timely, professional manner.
- Provide feedback on project successes and challenges for ‘lessons learned’ action.
- Product testing that may require lifting items that weigh up to 50 pounds.