Product Manager - Advance Sensing
Posted on 03/30/2021
Hoffman Estates, IL or Renton, WA
Omron Automation – Americas is looking for a Product Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL or Renton, WA. This role is responsible for the strategic direction, product management and marketing for a category of the Omron Advanced Sensing portfolio that includes Machine Vision Smart Cameras, Vision Systems, Software and Laser Marker Product Lines in the Americas. Working closely with the Americas sales, technical support, training, and marketing organizations, the Product Manager for Advanced Sensing creates and owns product marketing plans, growth strategies, new product launch, and provides product related feedback to the Global Traceability Business Unit. Collaborating with the sales team and channel partners, the Product Manager creates and manages market-focused plans, marketing materials and programs to drive customer awareness, market share gain and revenue growth. Customer types, markets and application served include but are not limited to OEMs, System Integrators and End Users in the robotics equipment, automotive manufacturing, electronics, food and beverage machinery, pharmaceutical manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, and medical device industries. Related Omron technologies that you will become familiar with include industrial cameras, barcode readers, automation controllers, and the Sysmac automation platform.
*******2014-2020 National Best and Brightest Company to Work For!
*******2013-2020 Winner for one of the 75 Best Places to Work in Illinois!
*******2011-2020 Winner for one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago!
Omron Automation - Americas is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation products focused on sensing and control technologies. We serve OEM machine builders and end users with a wide range of products that integrate easily into complete automation solutions, offer simple connectivity, and are backed by solid support services. Our extensive product groups which are primarily manufactured overseas include programmable controllers, robotics, servo motors and drives, operator interfaces, temperature controllers, sensors, inspection and machine vision systems, RFID track and trace systems, safety devices, and software.
Omron Automation -- Americas, headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, is the Americas industrial automation subsidiary of Omron Corporation, a $8 billion global technology company celebrating more than 80 years of success. Led by a management team where each member has 20+ years of experience in Industrial Automation, we are a midsize firm with a corporate culture of challenge, ethics and innovation. As we strive to grow the company and our market share, this position offers the potential to make a solid impact on the organization.
Omron's corporate core value of "working for the benefit of society" applies to our unique technical competencies in the areas of industrial automation, safety, security, environmental protection and healthcare in pursuit of a brighter future for all. As a corporate citizen that has long recognized and encouraged the importance of giving back to local communities and helping those less fortunate, Omron has demonstrated this over the years by designing a manufacturing facility which employs the disabled, making donations to aide those impacted by natural disasters, and sponsoring an annual Founders Day in which employees volunteer in the local communities across the globe
Our Commitment to Employees:
- Company Culture defined as a fast paced, multi-tasking, team focused empowerment of employees, creative, innovative and open communication type organization.
- Training and Career Development Program to give employees a learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to help build their career at Omron.
- Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation, immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
- Community Awareness that includes activities with local non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
- Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
- Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional Learning Sessions, On Site Flu shots and Health Screenings.
Omron Automation- Americas is an equal opportunity employer.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands the competitive landscape for Omron’s machine vision and laser marker products
- Delivers profitable revenue growth for the assigned Advanced Sensing products
- Creates and maintains the Product Marketing plan for assigned products
- Manage product life cycle activities such as creating and executing new product launch, product phase-out, pricing analysis, annual product price changes.
- Provide product knowledge, product positioning, competitor comparisons, and marketing expertise to customers, sales teams and channel partners
- Develops marketing collateral that clearly articulates Omron’s value proposition to the market
- Creates and executes launch plan for new products
- Gain competence and provide content for Omron JDE ERP and quote tool systems
- Via virtual and on-site visits, present to customers and channel partners to promote assigned products and obtain voice of customer information
- Coordinates with sub-region marketing teams in Mexico, ROM, Brazil and Canada to ensure consistency of offerings and messaging
- Lead monthly meetings with Global Business Unit Product Teams to share market information, future product needs, sales development updates, and product initiatives
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Four (4) year Engineering degree preferred. Business/Marketing degree is also acceptable
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in the automation industry in a product management, sales, marketing or engineering function
- Technical knowledge of some or all of the following products: Machine Vision, Automation Controls and Components, or Auto-ID technology preferred
- Excellent presentation skills and business acumen in front of customers and distributors.
- Proficient in current Microsoft Office and common CRM tools
- Ability to travel (20%) domestically