Posted on 02/26/2021
As a key contributor to the Product Development Team, we are looking for someone that is challenged by finding creative testing solutions in a niche industry. The ideal candidate is naturally inquisitive, enjoys solving complex or ambiguous problems, and has the desire to learn the many intricacies of light and color measurement. We are hiring a Test Engineer to work in our product development organization in a hands-on environment.
- System and subsystem testing, including specification verification with photometric and/or spectroscopic data acquisition.
- Software and hardware integration testing, product release testing and system requirements verification.
- Research and Development oriented investigations, including proof of concept testing and meticulous technical report creation for colorimeter/photometer related and lens related projects.
- Executing test plans from inception to deliverables; developing testing strategies, defining deliverables, and schedule adherence.
- Responsibilities could also include ad hoc projects of a complex nature.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree.
- 2+ years of experience in related field.
- Experience in electronics lab; ideally in an optics lab.
- Troubleshooting/isolation testing skills with experience using test equipment.
- Strong debugging and technical problem-solving skills with a desire to solve difficult and ambiguous problems.
- Rudimentary electronics experience, e.g. soldering, wire-harnessing, etc.
- Familiarity with tooling and fixturing hardware to help facilitate experimental setup.
- Data gathering, basic statistical analysis and presentation skills.
- Programming experience, particularly in C#.NET and/or VB.NET.
- Experience using and interfacing with light measurement equipment.
- Experience with writing and following standard work procedures.
- Experience with image processing and analysis is advantageous.
- Strong technical writing skills of lab reports.
- Ability to interpret requests to define experiments independently.
About Radiant Vision Systems
Radiant Vision Systems provides automated visual inspection products to ensure the manufacturing quality of displays, lighting, assemblies, and surfaces. Radiant’s photometric and colorimetric imagers are calibrated to human visual perception of light and color, offering the most sophisticated inspection technology for meeting customer expectations for performance in high-value devices. Leading brands in electronics, virtual & augmented reality, automotive, aerospace, and beyond rely on Radiant to ensure accuracy, automate quality control, reduce costs, and improve efficiency from the lab to the production line. Based in Redmond, WA, USA, Radiant Vision Systems has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of components. The company's extensive product portfolio includes TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software, ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers, machine vision solutions, and goniometric systems.