Posted on 04/21/2021
Boston, MA or NE Region covering multiple states
The primary purpose of this position is to assist and support existing and potential customers in the Northeast Region and the WITTENSTEIN Inc. organization in the selection, application and commissioning of the WITTENSTEIN Inc. products that provide the optimum solution for the customer's machine and process applications. To provide further leverage of their product knowledge, the application engineer organizes, creates and provides supporting information, tools and training necessary for the effective sales and support of WITTENSTEIN Inc. products in the market. In addition to directly supporting customers and the internal and external sales staff, the application engineer will provide valuable information feedback to the manufacturing and development branches of the WITTENSETIN Inc. organization to enhance existing products and develop appropriate new products for the target customer markets enabling WITTENSTEIN to exceed revenue and profit expectations.
The secondary purpose of this position is to assist and support sales efforts in the Northeast Region with the sales objectives and tasks. Depending upon the sales experience of the selected candidate, there is an expectation that this position will transition to more of a Sales Engineer/Regional Sales Manager role in future years. With that said, company is also open to hiring someone with sales engineering experience
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Application Engineering Responsibilities:
- Provide answers to technical questions from customers as well as alpha sales, customer service and other department personnel concerning the proper and optimum application of the full range of products offered by alpha gear drives including customer visits. Particular products and areas of competence will be assigned and stressed on an individual basis in agreement between the employee and supervisor. Perform calculation of drives in Tool drive and Packaging Machines (Master/Slave Calculation, SAM Software. Complete drive calculations for colleagues, distributers and customers using software cymex5®
- Analyze customer needs, then develop and write formal technical specifications, performance requirements and proposals for application and integration of products for customer applications including simulating customer applications either in the laboratory environment or through computer program simulation to resolve problems or confirm proper sizing and control solutions. Also qualify and test alpha products with other components on the market to ensure compatibility
- Create new part designs and product modifications and submit them to the product commission in Germany for approval following the Engineering modification request form.
- Prepare formal presentation material and assist in giving product demonstrations and presentations at customer sites and here at our facility when customers visit. Also give training to sales, representatives and customers personnel on product applications, usage, maintenance and repair
- Work with service, development and product engineering in Germany to recognize and diagnose chronic problems and failure mechanisms and provide solutions to improve the products
- Participate in meetings, sales presentations, seminars and training sessions to stay appraised of new developments in the field. Acquires new technology skills through attendance at in-house training seminars as well as commercial or academic training courses.
Sales Support Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed established sales targets working to achieve maximum sales in assigned territory through direct and affiliate (A, B, C distributor) channels
- Increase market share by calling on OEM accounts to promote and sell motion control products, communicate special programs, conduct educational seminars, handle and resolve problems and complaints. Collect industry information requirements.
- Increase market share by calling on the distribution channel to promote and sell motion control products, communicate special programs, present marketing / advertising programs and new products, handle and process warranties, prepare and conduct training and educational seminars, collect competitive information, handle and resolve problems and complaints and collect overdue receivables. Advise channel on market conditions and end user accounts
- Support territory users - coordinate support activities
- Conduct follow up on orders
- Conduct customer education and product information meetings
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Has a strong technical background in the motion control industry (precision gearbox/ servo automation)
- Solid understanding of servo system sizing (mechanical and electrical components)
- Ability to guide a customer to the best solution
- Ability to develop custom solutions when standard product may not fit
- Sales Engineering Experience is preferred, but not required
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficient knowledge with customer relationship software, especially Microsoft CRM
- Strong planning and organizational abilities utilizing latest technology– preferably paperless approach to organization
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team by sharing information and supporting company procedures and processes
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.Eng.) in Engineering with a specialization in Mechanical or Electrical or bachelor's degree (B.Sc.) in Mathematics or Physics combined with relative automation experience; mechatronic, or equivalent working experience
- At least 2 years working experience in industrial automation / servo automation demonstrated by a solid technical foundation and understanding of servo automation. Direct Management experience a plus.
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent health benefits
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Profit sharing
- Company Incentive Plan
- Company Car Allowance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Tuition Reimbursement & wellness reimbursement
Committed to being a world-class partner of intelligent mechatronic drive technology, servo systems and mechanical components, WITTENSTEIN uses the power of science, innovation and forward thinking engineering to provide you cutting-edge technology for motion. Since pioneering the alpha servo planetary gear reducer in 1983, support and motion requirements from the market have continued to change and WITTENSTEIN is well positioned to deliver reliable products and services to its customers and partners.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. WITTENSTEIN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Applicants can apply directly to:
https://recruitingapp-5285.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/3322/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=engBack to All Careers