Posted on 10/07/2021
VAIA Technologies is a leading US provider of solutions for customers looking to make dramatic improvements in product and process quality and reliability. Our skilled team of software developers and engineers utilize the latest technologies and techniques in machine vision, automation, and robotics to deliver integrated solutions that address the most challenging customer needs.
Responsible for software development tasks in support of VAIA’s machine vision, automation, service, and support offerings, the Software Engineer will work on software coding and design projects both independently and in collaboration with an extended team of software developers and engineers. While the primary emphasis of this position is hands-on coding, this individual will be exposed to all aspects of delivering an integrated solution to a customer and will be expected to be able to interface directly with customers.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Function as a key member of a software development team
- Individually responsible for programming, testing, and delivering application code
- Develop user interface software as a front-end to desktop applications
- Work closely with customers in delivering and supporting applications and troubleshoot issues.
- Collaborate with extended team members to write and test code
- Support bug fixes and troubleshooting remotely or on customer premises
- Implement technical algorithms with guidance from machine vision experts
- Develop machine control software
- 10% domestic travel required, possible international travel.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Have strong customer-facing and communication skills
- Be creative and have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to conceptualize solutions to complex problems
- Be self-motivated with drive, enthusiasm, and commitment
- Be a quick study on new technology and concepts
- Be comfortable dealing with conflict and delivering to project deadlines
- Be comfortable working with a small team in a high energy environment
- Be able to work and make decisions independently
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science
- Exceptional programming skills and a history of successful projects
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and modern source code control systems