Automation Field Technician
Posted on 01/15/2024
Biddeford ME 04005
EAM is a well-respected custom automation manufacturer located in Biddeford, Maine. We are looking for a dedicated/customer-oriented candidate to fill the Field Automation Technician position. Candidate will be trained fully on EAM standard product lines. Once proficient, equipment installations, field service, scheduled maintenance, customer training and machine assembly are the primary tasks. The position requires the ability to travel to customer locations across the country to install, service and maintain our equipment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Install and service EAM standard-high speed labeling equipment and custom products.
- Provide technical support and training for EAM equipment at customer facilities.
- Support the EAM Labeler Support Hotline when necessary.
- Build and test EAM equipment when onsite at EAM.
- Always prioritize safety and abide by any specific customer safety or other requirements.
- Responsible for writing detailed and accurate field-service reports.
- Accountable for timely submission of field-service reports and expenses.
- Maintain communication with customer and EAM personnel about job progress.
- Help to build and maintain professional relationships with various customers.
- Responsible for keeping the tools and other equipment in good condition.
- Responsible for clean and tidy machine/workplace when leaving customer locations.
- Actively contribute to a professional and profitable service organization.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Formal electrical/mechanical training from a university or technical school is preferred, or 4 years’ experience with industrial automation maintenance & troubleshooting.
- The ability to travel within North America on short notice, ramp up to 40-70% travel is expected.
- Strong mechanical/electronic skills to analyze and resolve problems of complex machinery.
- Able to understand and work with PLC’s.
- Logical, customer-oriented solution thinking.
- Self-motivated, aspiring to improve technical knowledge and keep skills sharp.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and technical drawings.
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Highly focused on customer service and exceeding client expectations.
- Above average use of computer applications like MS Office products.
- Flexible working hours to meet customer needs. Occasional weekend and off-shift hours.
Minimum Education & Experience
Formal electrical/mechanical training from a university or technical school is preferred, or 4 years’ experience with industrial automation maintenance & troubleshooting.Back to All Careers