Posted on 06/17/2022
Redmond, WA, USA
We are hiring a Test Engineer to work in a hands-on environment, as a key contributor to optics and test engineering. We are looking for someone that is challenged by finding creative testing solutions in a niche industry, who is naturally inquisitive, enjoys solving complex or ambiguous problems, and has the desire to learn the many intricacies of light and color measurement.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- System and subsystem testing, including specification verification with photometric and/or spectroscopic data acquisition.
- Software and hardware integration testing, product release testing and system requirements verification.
- Research and Development oriented investigations, including proof of concept testing and meticulous technical report creation for colorimeter/photometer related and lens related projects.
- Executing test plans from inception to deliverables; developing testing strategies, defining deliverables, and schedule adherence.
- Responsibilities could also include ad hoc projects of a complex nature.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Troubleshooting/isolation testing skills with experience using test equipment.
- Strong debugging and technical problem-solving skills with a desire to solve difficult and ambiguous problems.
- Rudimentary electronics experience, e.g. soldering, wire-harnessing, etc.
- Familiarity with tooling and fixturing hardware to help facilitate experimental setup.
- Data gathering, basic statistical analysis and presentation skills.
- Programming experience, particularly in C#.NET and/or VB.NET.
- Strong technical writing skills of lab reports.
- Ability to interpret requests to define experiments independently.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree.
- 2+ years of experience in related field.
- Experience in electronics lab; ideally in an optics lab.
- Experience using and interfacing with light measurement equipment.
- Experience with writing and following standard work procedures.
- Experience with image processing and analysis is advantageous.