Area Sales Engineer - Optics for Computer Vision
Posted on 03/03/2023
Our client is a recognized global leader in the vision industry with 3+ bn$ in revenue. For decades, its optics and optoelectrical products have been used in a wide range of applications from automotive manufacturing to logistics, pharmaceuticals, and
food. Here they play a key role in the automation of production processes and optical quality inspection like defect detection, surface inspection, or geometric measurement. In line with the growth strategy for the US market, we are looking
for an experienced sales manager.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage existing clients in the US and expand business relationships;
- Analyze economic trends, target verticals, clients, and competitors;
- Develop and implement the sales strategy for effective business growth;
- Identify and win new clients for standardized and customized optical components like lenses for Machine Vision applications;
- Answer customer inquiries, present products, and support clients in finding solutions for complex Machine Vision applications;
- Attend relevant trade shows and exhibitions to expand your business network and win clients.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- A solid technical understanding of vision systems and their different areas of application is beneficial;
- Know-how in the integration of cameras in machines or production processes is a plus;
- Very good communication skills;
- You want to take over responsibility for the Machine Vision business of a global leader in the dedicated region and drive its growth;
- Willingness to travel.
Minimum Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in business development, sales, or marketing, preferably in the machine vision industry or in industrial automation;
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Physics, or a related technical focus;