Power Plant Engineer - Third Class
Posted on 12/10/2021
As a 3rd Class Engineer in our Power Plant you will be responsible for the operation of all related equipment ensuring the continuous generation of steam and electricity to the plant. This includes the starting and shutting down of boilers, turbines and feed water pumps. The Engineer must clearly communicate the current status of all systems and must be competent in administering the feed water testing program. This is a rotating shift position that will also require the ability to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of a 3rd Class Engineers License. If a lesser license is held, must actively pursue such a license by taking a minimum of one state exam per year.
- Continuous education requirements must be kept up to date
- Minimum 4 years’ boilers operator’s experience.
- Operation of high pressure boilers
- Knowledge of emergency shutdown procedures for the power plants
- Ability to learn computers
- Ability to work independently and with others in a teamwork environment with minimal direction.
- Competent in basic mathematics
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- Knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures
- Effective time management
- Effective communications skills with the ability to communicate both written and verbal.
- Solid troubleshooting, analytical, skills.
- Detailed, and organized, record keeping ability
- All applicants must be US Citizens and will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com
Or use this direct link to the posting: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRANEAE&cws=63&rid=10713
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a drug free employer
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab
© Crane & Co.; 30 South Street; Dalton, MA 01226; USABack to All Careers