Posted on 05/13/2022
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Fremont, CA / Materials and Structural Analysis Division-Electron Microscopy
How will you make an impact?
As a part of the Electrical Fault Analysis (EFA) software team, you will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of software modules and integration into existing software platform on high-end circuit edit equipment. You will test your code extensively and work within a Scrum team including application and system engineers throughout the project.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
What will you do?
• Design, implement, and test new features in accordance with EFA SW engineering standards and processes
• Write requirements, design, and other documentation
• Execute tests and report test results
• Participate in SW team processes, including Scrum, design meetings and workshops
• Provide engineering support and debug problems for existing products
• Manage development needs and build relationships within the software organization and cross functional teams (hardware engineers, application engineers, research scientists)
Minimum Skills & Abilities
• 7+ years relevant software product development experience
• Experience in developing SW applications controlling hardware
• Strong C# development skills writing desktop applications (using Win forms and WPF)
• Strong C++ development skills, preferably with Microsoft tools
• Knowledge of design patterns; passion to develop good SW
• Experience with optical, imaging systems, or microscopy experience is preferred
• Prior semiconductor industry experience is preferred
Minimum Education & Experience
BSCS or BSEE with significant CS coursework; equivalent combination of education, technical training, and work experience will be considered
If interested, please go to https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/job/202837BR/Software-Engineer to apply.Back to All Careers