Plant Financial Lead
Posted on 06/07/2022
Mt. Juliet, TN, US
This Plant Financial Lead is responsible for collaborating with the site Operations team to drive business results, assist in site financial forecasting and budgeting, perform business analysis for the Operations team, and publish management reports to communicate daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial results.
The Plant Financial Lead reports to the Director, Finance Americas & Global Supply Chain. This position is located in the manufacturing facility in Mt Juliet, TN. It requires the ability to work and communicate across the organization including operations, supply chain, and engineering, in global and virtual teams, and at various levels across the organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Key Job Responsibilities included but not limited to:
Forecast and Budget Performance
- Provides monthly forecast projections including sales, bookings, expense, and investment analysis used to drive site business decisions.
- Manages reporting on and controlling site cost factors of labor, material utilization, overhead and freight versus forecast targets.
- Provide analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior periods.
- Serves as financial business support to site leadership team.
- Works with Director, Finance Americas to standardize and improve site reporting and analysis.
- Reviews continuous improvement cost savings and reviews return on investment calculations for capital expense authorization requests.
- Prepares, reviews, and publishes daily operating metrics to monitor business performance.
Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Supports site monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities as needed.
- Supports preparation and reporting of end-of-month KPIs.
- Works with Director, Finance Americas to complete Dover requests and reporting.
- Manage the standard cost update process
- Reviews material, labor, and overhead variances with site Operations team.
- Ensure internal controls and accounting procedures are being adhered to within site operations.
- Monthly account reconciliation reviews
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Leadership Competencies aligned with Dover and executed in DESTACO with appropriate expectations for the job level:
- Strategic Mindset: Has understanding of global industry or market; creates breakthrough strategies that alter the competitive dynamics in a market, and establishes a series of competitive advantages yielding profitability that exceeds expectations for the organization.
- Results-Driven: Produces results that exceed Dover’s strategic objectives via a combination of planning and implementation, while living the Dover Values.
- Strong Business Acumen and Sound Judgment: Uses instinct as well as data to accurately assess business situations and industry trends; makes timely decisions and implements appropriate plans while living the Dover Values.
- Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships: Establishes and nurtures relationships. Takes action to collaborate with the communities in which we operate and to be an appropriate corporate citizen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Excel. Proficient with Word and Power Point.
- Knowledge of ERP systems such as Oracle is a big plus for this role.
- Ability to work with a high degree of confidentiality mandatory due to the sensitive nature of information in area of responsibility.
Minimum Education & Experience
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Cost accounting experience is a plus for this role.
Education and Certification Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance