Posted on 11/05/2021
Council Bluffs, IA
A machinist who can machine a wide range of parts and materials using a combination of a Lathe, Manual and CNC Mills, Surface Grinder, Drill Press, Cutoff Saws and hand tools to produce high quality, high tolerance parts, to be used on and integrated with industrial automation and Robotic Systems applications.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Setup, adjust, operate and program CNC mills using Gibbs Cam software. Setup, adjust and operate conventional and/or special purpose machine tools to perform diversified and difficult operations on work having close and exacting tolerances, where operations require a broad knowledge of machining technology, operating skills and shop techniques together with long term diversified experience.
- Plan and determine setup procedures and operating sequences, select tooling, attachments, spindle speeds, tool feed rates, work piece securing methods, supports, etc., best suited for nature of operations, machine and size of work piece.
- Use a wide range of precision measuring instruments and devices like, scale, squares, calipers, micrometers, indicators, etc., to setup and operate machine and check work.
- Work from drawings, specifications, handbook formulas, instructions, blueprints, sketches, manuals, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Check work to assure dimensional conformance where several related dimensions and unusual contours are required.
- Will periodically perform maintenance and preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Proceed with minimum supervision, instructions and guidance provided on setup and operating difficulties when required. Work is subject to final inspection and check.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate to customers and managers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical documents.
- Possess our Core Values
- Customer First
- Positive Attitude
- Passion and Hunger
Do you have all these abilities? If you do, GREAT, if not and want to increase your skillset, we can teach you. Experience can sometimes be the greatest teacher. Plus, the opportunity to learn so much more.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools.
- Steel toed safety boots required
- Some travel is required
- Acieta Internal Lock-Out/Tag-Out training
- All other internal training required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.