Staff Engineer, Systems Automation Design
Posted on 04/18/2022
Location Richardson, Texas, US
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Richardson, TX / Materials & Structural Analysis Division (MSD)
With 60+ years of innovation and leadership, Materials & Structural Analysis Division (MSD) enables customers to find answers to questions that accelerate discoveries, increase efficiency, and ultimately change the world. MSD designs, manufactures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopes that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. We are changing the world, one nanometer at a time.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
How will you make an impact?
You will be part of a R&D team that is responsible for building the next generation of automation equipment for failure analysis of semiconductor devices. This will make a direct positive impact in an industry that works diligently to bring innovative solutions to help advance the semiconductor industry.
What will you do?
• Lead the development of pioneering core technology solutions by collaborating with, and learning from, world class Marketing, Project Management, Operations, suppliers, engineers, and scientists with a diverse set of backgrounds.
• Design next generation of nanoprobing tools which include core subsystems like vacuum subsystem, robotic manipulators, probes, switching interface.
• Design and implement automation algorithms, including but not limited to computer vision, path planning, and signal processing.
• Hands-on integration, validation, verification, and troubleshooting of prototype systems and workflows.
• Interface with multidisciplinary engineers to conduct proof-of-concept studies, develop product concepts, and ensure that product requirements are properly understood and implemented in the prototype according to specifications.
• Support operations and applications team to resolve customer issues.
• Create and test our nanotechnology and nanoprobing products.
• Participate in the development of patent applications.
• Investigate applications of existing technologies in other domains.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Conversant in semiconductor IC process technology and nano-fabrication.
• Expertise in the methods, techniques, and proficiency in successful product development including rapid prototyping.
• Proficient in data analysis including statistical methods.
• Expertise in machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI), semiconductor capital equipment and processes, Matlab and Python scripting, C#, .NET and model based systems engineering (MBSE) is highly preferred.
Minimum Education & Experience
How will you get here?
PhD Degree in Physics or related field AND 4+ years of experience, OR Master’s degree in Physics or related field AND 8+ years of experience
• Hands-on expert in design, setup, and execution of experiments including motion control, electronics, measurement systems.
• Experience building automation framework involving subsystems like imaging, motion control, and parametric analyzers.
• Working and fundamental knowledge in one or more of the following technologies: Vacuum systems, SEM, and AFM.
• Combination of experience with vacuum, motion, contamination, charged particle optics, high voltage, vibration, thermal, and stress analysis.
• Established track record of planning, leading, and executing team projects from feasibility through to product launch.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills for sophisticated systems including electro-mechanical subsystems, thermal, and optics subsystems.
If you are interested, please apply directly on our careers page @ https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/job/190608BR/Staff-Engineer-Systems-Automation-DesignBack to All Careers