Senior Technologist - Electron Microscopy
Posted on 04/18/2022
Location Richardson, Texas, US
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
As part of the Materials and Structural Analysis Division, the Electron Microscopy Business Unit at our Richardson, TX site develops nanoProbing technologies based on SEM and AFM imaging techniques for characterization, analysis, and fault localization of semiconductors.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
How will you make an impact?
With your expertise in semiconductor physics, semiconductor manufacturing, knowledge of Atomic Force Microscopy and Scanning Electron Microscopy technologies and their associated capabilities and limitations, you will provide technical leadership to Marketing and R&D teams relative to the requirements of semiconductor manufacturers as well as conceptualizing technology solutions to address those requirements. You will develop a long-term product strategy in partnership with Marketing and R&D that meets the requirements of the market while achieving our financial goals of revenue and profit growth.
What will you do?
- Develop a deep understanding of the technology strategies of the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers.
- Based on knowledge of the market and associated technology trends, develop an assessment of what solutions will have to be provided by the nanoProber group, and when these solutions must be delivered.
- Investigate and explore new insights and concepts by defining experiments, building, debugging and characterizing prototypes in order to verify proof of principle.
- Test and verify new products or improvements.
- Work closely with the Advanced Technologies group to monitor and influence their development work to assure we will have access to the technologies we need.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to mechanical, electrical, system, and software engineers in order to design prototypes and new products.
- Develop relationships with key customers to assure we are knowledgeable of groundbreaking developments in the semiconductor industry.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of innovative principles and theories and may contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
- May participate in development of patent applications.
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Critical Thinking
- High Tolerance for Ambiguity
- Problem Solving Skills
- Prioritization Capabilities
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
Minimum Education & Experience
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in semiconductor physics, electrical engineering or related subject area; MS or PhD preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a product development lab designing and developing analytical instrumentation
- Experience and practical knowledge of nano-Probing and/or SEM technologies
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Capable of working with multi-disciplinary teams; familiarity and interplay with several multi-functional teams within marketing, product support and operations
- Ability to travel up to 10%
If you are interested, please apply directly on our careers page @ https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/job/184285BR/Senior-Technologist-Electron-MicroscopyBack to All Careers