(10-1342) ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - INTELLIGENT MACHINES/ROBOTICS
Posted on 04/28/2022
San Antonio, Texas
Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Join the Manufacturing and Robotics Technology Department to contribute to building advanced capabilities, technologies, and solutions in the field of industrial robotics and automation that solve real-world challenges faced by our customers.
- Support mechanical design, controls, and hardware integration on industrial robots, cobots, and automation control hardware. Learn team with some of the brightest minds in industrial robotics.
- Identify new opportunities and interface with industry and potential clients to develop new capabilities and technologies
- Activities will include work primarily at SwRI facilities/laboratories; meetings as well as deployment efforts may occur at commercial and government client facilities.
- Visit https://robotics.swri.org to learn about some of the work we do
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with internal team, external clients, and industry partners.
- Design, build, debug and implement robotic and automation solutions utilizing mechanical, electrical, and software skills.
- Coordinate individual performance goals and objectives set by the organization.
- Assist in preparing proposals and cost estimates.
- Interact with customers to promote new business and develop technical requirements
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated project work using C++ or python is beneficial
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.25 GPA in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar engineering degree
- 0-5 years: Must, at a minimum, have robotics experience in the form of projects, previous employment, or coursework
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT, INDIVIDUALS MUST SUBMIT AN ONLINE APPLICATION.
PLEASE USE THIS LINK BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
Back to All Careers