Machine Vision Engineer
Posted on 05/25/2021
30 South Street Dalton, MA, USA
We're looking for a Vision Engineer to join our Team. This position is responsible for overseeing existing inspection systems and ensure maximum uptime availability in support of manufacturing operations; lead the specification, design, estimating, hardware/software integration, installation, commissioning, cost control and documentation phases for new machine vision projects within the manufacturing operation. In addition, the Vision Engineer will interface with support groups during appropriate phases of the project to ensure effective integration with existing processes and/or other improvements and installations.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match, bonus and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Document and track project management effectively
- Interface with internal customers to optimize machine vision systems and strategies
- Train Technicians and user community on specific systems and installed equipment. Develop procedures and define preventative maintenance programs for new equipment.
- Participate in Crane Business Systems activities in support of the Continuous Improvement Roadmap.
- Direct technicians and other support personnel in all phases of new project implementation. Document and track project management effectively.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Applied machine vision technologies including lighting, optics, electronics, and imaging algorithms.
- Experience with machine vision technologies including lighting, optics, electronics, and imaging algorithms.
- Experience with vision system deployments and vision system validation/qualification
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Complex Programming ability in .Net platform
- Line Scan camera integration experience
- Experience with Matrox Software
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Positive interpersonal skills in verbal communication, and group interaction at all levels of the organization; strong written communication skills.
- Proven ability to initiate, coordinate, and implement team efforts with maintenance support groups and production.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in a Technical field (Electrical Engineering, Pulp and Paper Science, etc.). Masters preferred.
- 4+ years applied machine vision technology.
- 4+ years in manufacturing, automation and/or converting support.