Senior Robotics Engineer
Posted on 04/08/2022
St. Louis, Missouri
About EPIC Systems
EPIC Systems enables manufacturing excellence by providing thorough, multi-disciplined process engineering, industrial automation, and fabrication for the food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, and specialty chemical industries. EPIC provides solutions for chemical process systems, industrial automation, and machine vision inspections. We are committed to a vision that positively enriches the lives of consumers by transforming the future of manufacturing. For more information about EPIC, please visit our company website at www.epicsysinc.com.
Senior Robotics Engineer
Location: Saint Louis, MO Job Status: Full-Time/ Exempt Job Category: Engineer
Join an industry leader in factory automation and build your career in engineering and programming skills as a key member of our Machine Vision and Robotics team. The Senior Robotics Engineering role is a technical position in a fast-paced, challenging, and positive work environment. Working with a variety of clients and technologies, you will develop all aspects of client, turnkey robotic systems: concept, design, component selection, software development, assembly and installation. Utilize expert design knowledge and software applications and collaborate with experienced team members to overcome project obstacles. Solve manufacturing challenges for our world-wide client base using automation technologies by combining our expertise in automated camera inspection with industrial robotics.
Duties, Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Industrial robot, cobot, and gantry integration and design – specification of equipment including robot selection, grippers/end effectors, peripheral equipment, sensors, safety
- Develop conceptual technical approach to implement robotics as a solution to meet client needs in a wide range of industries and applications
- Key participant in the development and execution of sales strategies
- Develop technical application concepts and cost estimates
- Detailed design engineering
- Robot software configuration, development & programming
- Factory automation controls – design, integration, and programming PLC and HMI (preferred)
- Electrical power systems and I/O schematics (preferred)
- Hands-on electrical, mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Project management – project schedule and project budget, client and supplier relations (preferred)
- Collaborating with clients, including many Fortune 500 companies
- Project communications including: meeting documentation for clients, vendors & managers; trip & project time reporting
- Factory Acceptance Testing and commissioning at client site
Key Technology Areas May Include:
- Industrial 6-axis robots, cobots, SCARA, gantry motion systems
- Software programming, PLC, HMI
- Mechatronics – electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems
- Machine vision systems (preferred, not required)
- Hardware integration and design
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 4-8 years of robotics/cobot experience
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical skills
- 3D CAD experience, SolidWorks or similar (preferred, not required)
- PLC, HMI, automation, controls system design & programming experience
- Practical experience with both robot design, gripper design, and control system design
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following: industrial, manufacturing, factory automation controls
- Project management, scheduling, and budget proficiency (knowledgeable) capable of managing commercial relationships
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment on fast-track projects
- Capable of making complex decisions that drive business performance
- Flexibility to perform various roles and responsibilities from day to day, ex. programming, project management, design, client interaction, etc.
- In addition to the EPIC Values, candidate must demonstrate the following behaviors / attitudes:
- Intellectually curious
- Good listener/Strong communication skills
- Hate to lose
- Sense of urgency
- Quick learner
- Comfort with ambiguity
Taking Care of Our Employees
At EPIC, our belief in our employees as our greatest asset is personified in the benefits we offer to our eligible employees and their families. We want you to have the peace of mind to focus on the things that you are most passionate about, both in and out of the office, with the assurance that you and your family are protected. Your future personal and financial health is just as important to us as it is to you. A snapshot of our benefits includes:
- A company culture that respects individuality and diversity in a business casual setting.
- A highly competitive salary to attract and retain talent, based on level of experience as well as function and responsibility in the position.
- Comprehensive and affordable benefits including medical/dental/vision plan options and voluntary spending accounts for medical reimbursements on eligible purchases.
- Life Insurance/AD&D/STD/LTD premiums paid for the employee by the employer as well as a comprehensive EAP program you and your family can utilize.
- Immediate participation and vesting of the company match in the 401k.