Sr. Product Manager - Sales
Posted on 10/06/2021
Auburn Hills, MI USA
Acme Manufacturing is seeking a full-time Sr. Product Manager - Sales specializing in automated metal finishing applications. Acme is the industry leader in providing custom robotic metal finishing systems. We service over 20 industries globally. Acme’s core business is to provide unique robotic automated solutions for metal finishing in Aerospace, medical devices, consumer products, automotive, heavy equipment, and many other industries. We are growing our global robotic finishing technology through a diversified balance of industries and locations.
This position is supported by all departments and levels of our company, allowing you to satisfy your customer’s needs, perform your job and ensure you have the highest opportunity of success. To support the efforts of the Sr. Product Manager - Sales role, Acme provides complete system integration support through other cross-functional collaborations.
- Team selling efforts: Collaboration of ideas from all team members for project concept and direction.
- A dedicated full-time marketing department to support product lines and develop leads digitally and at in-person events.
- A robotic R&D lab to validate proof of concept in the USA & Singapore.
- Mechanical, electrical controls, software, and simulation engineers to support proposals.
- Detailed financial history for proposal preparations.
- Full installation support and after-the-sale services.
- Project management throughout the sales process from internal specification through on-sight customer installation.
- Global team to support selling efforts.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to listen and understand customers' process requirements and needs.
- Be technically qualified in your area of expertise.
- Create a robust, financially viable customer solution, focusing on customer productivity and safety.
- Develop pricing and flexible strategies for long-term business growth and relationships.
- Research market trends and prepare forecasts.
- Maintain and track customer activity using On Contact (CRM).
- Hunt for new customers in need of automation solutions through participation in trade shows, online research, networking, and cold calls.
- Be committed, cooperative, and reliable with great communication, people, and business skills.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple departments and vendors.
- Represent the company and ownership professionally, with respect and integrity.
- Have the chemistry to fit well within the “Acme Team Culture”.
- Humility and diplomacy are expected.
The most crucial factor to note is that you are joining a very successful team that is known as the industry leader throughout the world.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Experience & Qualifications
- A four-year technical degree, from an accredited university.
- Minimum of two years in an Industrial manufacturing environment, metal finishing experience is a plus.
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Robotic integration experience and FANUC certifications are a plus
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills and “self-awareness” to adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Must be results-oriented and a great team player with a can-do attitude
- Creative problem solver
- Comfortable speaking in large groups and presenting.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in MS Office. On Contact CRM experience is a plus.
- Strong experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel – can be up to 40% depending on demands.
Minimum Education & Experience
Acme Manufacturing is one of the earliest pioneers in surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family-owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premier robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology-focused mindset.
We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the automation industry.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production, provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.
Acme is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
At this time, we require completed vaccination records or masking.