Machine Vision Engineer
Vista Solutions Inc.
Posted on 02/10/2023
The Machine Vision Engineer is responsible for integrating and supporting advanced machine vision and inspection technologies and solutions for a wide array of automated inspection applications.
What You’ll Do
Under the supervision of the VP Engineering, the duties and responsibilities of the Machine Vision Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- On-site installation and programming of vision and automation equipment at customers facilities across North America, Mexico and potentially internationally;
- Evaluate, develop, and implement vision application solutions
- Technical service and support of custom machine vision solutions, including phone support, troubleshooting hardware/software issues and documenting results;
- Assist with the development of solutions (to include Vision Guided Robotics) utilizing 2D and 3D machine vision technology, programming skills and creative thinking; and
- Troubleshoot and diagnose any problems with vision systems and communicate with superiors for solutions with complicated issues
- Skill development through formal and informal training relating to machine vision, controls, robotics and other automation systems;
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring
- Mechatronic, Electrical, Computer or other related technical degree/diploma with a keen interest and/or experience in machine vision, automation, robotics, or programming;
- Strong math and analytical skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Strong ability to communicate both written and verbal;
- Ability to travel across the USA / Canada border;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle, as ability to travel with their own vehicle to the clients’ locations is a significant and inherent component of the job;
- Be willing to commute or relocate to Detroit, MI; and
- Police clearance upon hire.
Nice to Have
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience of assisting in programming vision equipment;
- Knowledge of PLC, electronics, robot programming and automation; and
- Knowledge of computer programming including Microsoft Visual C#.
Why Become a Vista Visioneer?
Innovation, Collaboration, Customer Service, Entrepreneurship and Diversity are the name of the game. These five values are what drives our success, and we strive to reflect these values in everything we do.
As a Visioneer, expect to broaden your industry and field knowledge in collaboration with various stakeholders while developing and delivering innovative solutions for our clients!
Perks of a Visioneer
- Giving back to the local community is a top priority. We recognize that this allows us to grow as a team, a company, and most importantly, as individuals #GiveWhereYouLive;
- Comprehensive onboarding and technical training initiative;
- Competitive compensation packages, commensurate with experience, including major medical, vision, and dental benefits, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) access;
- Retirement Plan;
- Relocation assistance;
- Social committee initiatives including Team Kudos and quarterly Vista Connect events;
- On-site, state-of-the-art laboratory facility complete with robotics, 2D and 3D smart camera vision systems, and more; and
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative environment across an international team: Vista Canada, Vista USA, and Vista Mexico
- For more information, check us out online at https://www.vistasolutions.ca/
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in Vista Solutions! We will contact those selected for an interview.
Back to All Careers