Posted on 11/05/2023
Council Bluffs, IA
This position manages engineering activities within organization. Implements and maintains engineering objectives and initiatives. Manages the creation and improvement of projects that involve the engineering department.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of all mechanical and electrical engineering personnel.
- Responsible for the strategic long-term planning for the engineering department.
- Engineering Development – it is critical to Acieta’s success to hire the best engineers available, train/develop them often and consistently, and to also retain for them for extended period.
- The Engineering Manager will rely on the Senior Engineers and other experienced engineers to continually improve the group.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the products, services, and capabilities of software, vendor, and supplier-partners; not necessarily developing technical expertise in using these products.
- Create and foster engineering standards; both in sub-components/systems as well as engineering processes/procedures. This requires departmental structure and consistent focus to push these initiatives forward.
- Collaboratively work with other departments and Project Managers to support the development of quality systems that are shipped on time and within budget.
- Work with sales management and sales support engineering group to streamline standard products and how we quote automation systems.
- In collaboration with project management, drive lessons learned activities during system assembly/integration. Document areas to design cost effective systems considering manufacturability, ease of assembly, ease of maintenance and servicing.
- Review of proposals and Scope of Work documents consistent with Acieta policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an engineering skills matrix. This matrix is used on a regular basis to evaluate and develop all engineering levels. The matrix will also help identify gaps in the engineering groups and help us proactively hire additional personnel.
- Responsible for efficiency scheduling of the engineering department.
- Maintain the onboarding plan for all engineering team members.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Must be thoroughly familiar with robotics/flexible automation systems in general and be able to quickly understand the concepts proposed by Sales and Automation Engineers.
- Must be at ease supervising others of equal or greater technical expertise and experience in an effective manner; 5 or more years managing an engineering group a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of engineering experience specific to machine design, automation, and/or robotics.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is a plus, but education paired with applicable experience is most important for this role.
Minimum Education & Experience
ACIETA is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. ACIETA does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, age, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited basis under applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should notify ACIETA’s Human Resources department at [email protected].Back to All Careers