Account Manager - Robotic Automation
Posted on 08/08/2023
Position can be remote, hybrid, or onsite depending on candidate preference.
Candidate should be East of the Mississippi River.
Account Managers are responsible for pursuing, developing, and soliciting sales for the Automation Group of Wauseon Machine. This includes sales for Wauseon Machine’s child company, McAlister Design and Automation.
Wauseon Machine's Automation Group provides custom automation machinery/equipment and robotic integration for the medical, automotive, consumable, and consumer goods manufacturing industries. These systems include, but are not limited to, assembly, dispensing, machine tending, material handling, and palletizing.
This position can be remote, hybrid, or onsite (depending on candidate preference) but does require travel (approximately 50%) for customer meetings/visits. We offer a flexible schedule, competitive base compensation + commission, and great benefits.
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for assigned and prospective customer accounts. Develop win strategies for all opportunities.
- Obtain and develop quotation specifications and detailed project scope. Ensure the scope is clearly defined and understood so the best value quote/solution is provided.
- Initiate and support Estimating throughout the quotation process by functioning as the liaison between Wauseon Machine and the customer.
- Provide sales intel on profitability, costs, and probability of winning quotes.
- Collaborate with Project Management in development of budgetary and baseline schedules for projects to ensure customer expectations can be met.
- Maintain and monitor booking forecast, set priorities, and follow up on all rough order of magnitude, budgetary, and firm fixed price quotes for assigned accounts.
- Administer the contract review process including scope, terms and conditions, pricing, and the competitive environment for each opportunity.
- Support customer projects, including change orders, from PO to final acceptance on the customer’s floor. Actively participate and lead concept reviews and provide technical support.
- Maintain customer database for assigned accounts and any new accounts.
- Maintain customer relationships through regular contact, follow up reporting, and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Travel to meet with customers.
- 5+ years sales experience in the industrial robotic automation industry and a proven sales record.
- Technical knowledge of the industrial robotic automation industry and customer processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Willingness to travel at least 50%.
Desired Soft Skills:
- Ability to self-motivate and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.