AUTOMATION DESIGN ENGINEER
Posted on 01/24/2024
Biddeford, ME 04005
Prescott Metal/EAM (Engineered Automation of Maine) is seeking a full-time Mechanical Designer/Engineer. For over 30 years, EAM has designed, built, and serviced equipment for customers in the medical, food and confection, labeling, plastics and packaging industries, as well as all kinds of small parts manufacturing assembly.
If you love automated machinery, we have the position for you!
Major Duties & Responsibilities
As a Mechanical Designer your main responsibilities involve:
• Detail drafting from existing designs and the ability to direct other drafting resources.
• Conception and design of new automation using AutoCAD, Inventor, and SolidWorks.
• Creating BOM’s and releasing machined, fabricated, and purchased parts.
• Machine build follow-up, revisions, and documentation.
• Hands-on automation assembly and development.
• Interface with customers to support equipment installation and service.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Our new Automation Design Engineer must have extensive experience in automation design as a Mechanical Engineer, with a degree or commensurate experience or both. We need someone who can think on their feet in front of potential customers and collaborate with customers and our own EAM engineering team to provide process solutions. Our new Design Engineer must be able to generate concept drawings in AutoCAD and follow it through to machine build and delivery. Strong technical writing skills are a must. Ability to occasionally travel is also a must, mostly in North America, but our equipment is sold worldwide.Back to All Careers