Robotic Systems Engineer
Posted on 06/18/2021
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Automation Technician Support Manager, this position is responsible for programming, troubleshooting, debugging and preparation of automation systems to customer specifications. Designing programs, able to teach and train customers and clients as well as maintaining, servicing, and repairing as needed.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Safely prepare, design, build and set-up robotic systems to meet customer specifications.
- Build and assemble robotic devices or systems.
- Fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Assist engineers in the design, configuration, or application of robotic systems.
- Program complex robotic systems, such as vision systems.
- Align, fit or assemble component parts using tools, fixtures, templates etc.
- Install, program, or repair programmable controllers, robot controllers, end-of-arm tools, or conveyors.
- Ability to load, configure and install system hardware and software.
- Create a custom designed robotic weld program.
- Master and calibrate system prior to installation at customer site.
Provide Technical and Field Support
- Report status of machine and any risks or issues as they arise.
- Work with mechanical engineers for updates on machine assemblies.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Setup, program, and debug systems to meet customer specifications.
- Perform reach studies to ensure project success.
- Improve cycle time and system throughput by adjusting robot path and functions.
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software options
- Perform safe installation of automation systems.
- Evaluate installation sites
- Provide support for down production systems.
- Provide support for developing or improving process.
- Perform preventative or corrective maintenance on automation systems or components.
- Maintain, update, and prepare service records of automation systems.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Minimum Education & Experience
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Associates degree in robotics, robot programming or automation preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in automation preferred.
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**Back to All Careers