Optical Software Engineer
Posted on 06/18/2021
As an Optical Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to travel globally, visit customers in factories producing state of the technology. You will share your knowledge with our prestigious base of customers. Your responsibilities will include gathering customer requirements, feedback, and requests and creating custom solutions with the help of the Engineering and Sales teams.
You will assist with the creation and proposal of plans, specifications, and software applications with a focus on system integration and image processing utilizing our light and color measurement systems. The creative solutions the team implements will be pushed out to factories around the world and directly impact the next generation of consumer electronics.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning, specification, creation, and documentation of software solutions utilizing our light and color measurement products with a focus on image processing developed primarily in .NET with C#.
- Integration of complex systems for production inspection in factory environments.
- Write and implement communication protocols using standard communication conduits including TCP/IP, USB and RS-232.
- Educate customers and international distributors on proper use of CCD-based hardware and software systems for light and color measurement.
- Install systems, customize solutions, and train our customers remotely and at the customer’s facilities.
- Intermediate level technical support for both customers and Radiant Vision Systems internal associates.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- This position requires experience in software programming, the practical and theoretical aspects of light measurement, various scientific modeling software, elementary electrical engineering principles, as well as software control of scientific hardware.
- Experience in computer programming for scientific applications.
- Experience in optical engineering and/or light and color measurement techniques.
- Image processing experience.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and organizational skills.
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 30% of the time.
- Ability to interface with customers, sales staff, product development engineers, as well as production managers in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with GPU development, LabView development, Python, MATLAB desirable but not required.
Minimum Education & Experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Mathematics.