Application Engineer (Experienced)
Posted on 06/18/2021
Redmond, WA and Novi, MI
This position plays a vital role in interfacing with Radiant Vision Systems global customer base and distributor network by providing expert level technical support of our light and color measurement systems.
The Application Engineer contributes to Radiant’s sales team efforts (both pre and post-sale) by providing technical support in developing measurement solutions; preparing and delivering product presentations / demonstrations; evaluating customer readiness and conducting training, as well as identifying and resolving application or environmental issues.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain expert level knowledge of Radiant products and industry standards.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Enthusiastically pursue meeting and exceeding customer requirements.
- Managing proof of concept testing, including:
- Designing experiments and writing test procedure.
- Executing experiment and/or supervising resources.
- Providing timely, concise, and relevant reports on the completion of testing.
- Speaking about our products, applications, and solutions at marketing events.
Pre-sales creation and knowledge
- Working with team members to estimate Engineering resources required to deliver solutions and create proposals for Sales and customers (including System Requirements and Specification (SRS) document).
- Develops alternative technical solutions; planning systems integration; isolating problems and communicating technical solutions; providing support estimates.
- Transferring pre-sales solution understanding to the engineering group and following it through development and production to assure specifications are met.
Post-sales creation and knowledge
- Responds to technical inquiries via phone and email in a timely manner, working across other teams to obtain additional information or support, and managing customer expectations.
- Unofficial project management responsibilities.
- Ability to read, interpret, and write technical documentation (product specifications, datasheets, etc.).
- Developing long-term relationships with customers through managing and interpreting their requirements by providing post-sales/production support as needed.
- Providing roadmap feedback on requests from sales/customer to Product Management.
- Attending sales forecast and strategy meetings.
- Other responsibilities can include; software testing, creating instructions for diagnosing and repairing hardware.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Experience in technical sales or sales support highly desired.
- High energy level and unquenchable desire to learn our business from the ground up (manufacturing floor to customer).
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate with end users and our global distributor network.
- Highly organized with an ability to efficiently handle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly isolate problems and implement solutions in real-time.
- General programming skills would be advantageous.
- Experience with presenting technical information to a wide range of audiences with a confident presence.
- Ability to learn new concepts and systems quickly.
- An outgoing personality with a passion for supporting the customer.
- Strong ability to interface equally well with customers, sales staff, product development engineers, as well as production managers and technicians, in a team-oriented environment.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 35%-50% of the time.
Minimum Education & Experience
- B.S. in Physics or Mathematics.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.