Radiant Vision Systems
Posted on 03/06/2023
Redmond, WA USA
We are hiring a Test Engineer to work in a hands-on environment, as a key contributor to optics and test engineering. We are looking for someone that is challenged by finding creative testing solutions in a niche industry, who is naturally inquisitive, enjoys solving complex or ambiguous problems, and has the desire to learn the many intricacies of light and color measurement.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- System and subsystem testing, including specification verification with photometric and/or spectroscopic data acquisition.
- Software and hardware integration testing, product release testing and system requirements verification.
- Research and Development oriented investigations, including proof of concept testing and meticulous technical report creation for colorimeter/photometer related and lens related projects.
- Executing test plans from inception to deliverables; developing testing strategies, defining deliverables, and schedule adherence.
- Responsibilities could also include ad hoc projects of a complex nature.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree.
- 2+ years of experience in related field.
- Experience in electronics lab; ideally in an optics lab.
- Troubleshooting/isolation testing skills with experience using test equipment.
- Strong debugging and technical problem-solving skills with a desire to solve difficult and ambiguous problems.
- Rudimentary electronics experience, e.g. soldering, wire-harnessing, etc.
- Familiarity with tooling and fixturing hardware to help facilitate experimental setup.
- Data gathering, basic statistical analysis and presentation skills.
- Programming experience, particularly in C#.NET and/or VB.NET.
- Experience using and interfacing with light measurement equipment.
- Experience with writing and following standard work procedures.
- Experience with image processing and analysis is advantageous.
- Strong technical writing skills of lab reports.
- Ability to interpret requests to define experiments independently.
Benefits @ Radiant
Radiant Vision Systems offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base compensation, an incentive target bonus (for non-commission eligible positions; the payout is based on both the company's performance and the employee’s performance), time off (vacation, sick leave, and floating holiday), parental leave, medical dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as 401k to include a matching contribution from the company and immediate vesting. Learn more about Radiant’s benefits by visiting our Careers Page. These benefits are designed to support our employees’ well-being, financial security, and work-life balance.
This position is eligible for experience specific compensation ranges based candidate experience and compensation will be aligned and determined based on this criteria. Fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges. Final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to experience levels, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Radiant Vision Systems works with world-class brands and manufacturers to deliver creative visual inspection solutions that improve quality, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction. Radiant’s legacy of technology innovation in photometric imaging and worldwide install base date back more than 30 years and address applications from consumer electronics to automotive manufacturing. Radiant Vision Systems product lines include TrueTest™ automated visual inspection software for quality control, and ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers, machine vision solutions, and goniometric systems. EOE
For more info: https://careers-radiantvisionsystems.icims.com/jobs/1199/test-engineer/jobBack to All Careers