Posted on 10/26/2023
Biddeford, ME 04005
The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for the staff that program the various CNC machines in Production. This position is responsible for establishing processes and metrics to ensure work is processed on time and with the best quality possible. The employee assists customers and employees with design needs using SOLIDWORKS 3D modeling software. In addition to programming and CAD responsibilities, this individual will assist as required in the document management of blueprints and work instruction of production jobs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise the department and perform programming responsibilities as required (about 50% of the time depending on workload).
- Perform manufacturing engineering duties on the production floor (about 40% of the time).
- Ability to learn the basic operation of the laser, punch, laser/punch combo, and press brake equipment and help troubleshoot issues.
- Work with fabricators to implement DFM improvements through engineering.
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Engineering, and the manufacturing floor.
- Develop effective feedback loops so all groups are on the same page.
- Help develop and drive a consistent product to the manufacturing floor.
- Work with Sales Manager to develop the appropriate level of detail expected from an estimate, follow up with performance feedback.
- Participate in strategic decisions involving capital expenditures and become familiar with all new equipment purchased.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned to help Prescot Metal/EAM achieve its goals.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- B.S. or B. E. Degree in Mechanical Engineering concentration in Programming CAD.
- Three to five years programming experience in a manufacturing environment.
- SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software.
- Technical skills to support position.
- Database experience.
- Employee supervision skills, such as discipline, performance, mentoring, and training.
- Sheet metal fabrication knowledge a plus.
- Camming software experience a plus (Metacam, AP100).