Sr. R&D Developer - AI
Posted on 06/08/2021
San Antonio, TX or Boulder, CO
Plus One Robotics is looking for a Senior Developer – AI to assist with the development of our artificial intelligence for robots in logistics and e-commerce applications. As part of our Product Development team, you will hit the ground running to plan, develop, test and support the deployment of our Pick One and Yonder software.
As a member of the R&D staff, you will research and evaluate the state of the art in AI/ML-based computer vision. You will also propose and execute projects to advance the state of the art and ensure Plus One Robotics maintains it’s lead in performance, quality, and reliability.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Explore new technologies or applications.
- Develop deep understanding of capabilities and requirements.
- Design and implement rapid tests and proofs of concept to answer questions.
- Present coherent results and analysis.
- Document processes for replication.
- Mentor junior R&D staff
- Meeting with business management, marketing, and the R&D team to discuss product ideas.
- Presenting to management and stakeholders.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Computer vision and robotics expertise
- Familiarity with a broad range of AI approaches, expert in at least one (DNNs, CNNs, Supervised/Unsupervised/Reinforcement Learning, Generative Adversarial Networks)
- Architect neural networks
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Development skills
Minimum Education & Experience
Degree focusing in a field such as computer science, machine learning, robotics or related field with a focus on machine vision. Must have the following experience in a product R&D capacity:
- PhD – 0-2 years’ experience
- Masters – 3-7 years’ experience
- Bachelors – 5-9 years’ experience
Experience with the following:
- AI and traditional computer vision approaches for robotic applications (object detection, segmentation and classification)