Pre-Sales Application Engineer
Posted on 06/08/2021
San Antonio, TX
As a member of the sales team, the Pre-Sales Application Engineer is responsible for securing technical wins. The Pre-Sales Automation Technician will build customer credibility by developing deep application expertise and support the sales team by being the primary technical expert in the sales process.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Software Engineer by developing the electromechanical automation solutions for customer applications.
- Host in-person, web based, and customer on-site demos.
- Provide expert application support to our customers in a pre-sale capacity.
- Support the development and testing of new features.
- Support training activities.
- Act as liaison between sales and development teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with the internet and commonly used computer applications and functions.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Understanding of robot safety concepts
- Understanding of how to select and apply various grippers, sensors, and PLC’s
- Ability to design and build test fixtures, mounting brackets, and automated work cells
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and analyze.
- Sense of urgency, a bias towards action.
- Respectful, team-oriented attitude towards all parties
- Maintains empathy towards clients.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Engineering degree preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Experience programming Yaskawa, Fanuc, and/or UR robots