Sr. Web Developer
Posted on 06/08/2021
San Antonio, TX
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in making designs and testing technical solutions.
- Assists in reviewing code submitted by others for quality and completeness.
- Executes sprint taskings by writing high-quality code utilizing open source and existing in-house technology.
- Creates unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Effectively manages his/her own time independently in order to estimate time requirements and complete sprint goals.
- Is responsive to and participative in team communications during business hours via in-person, phone, and chats.
- Gives periodic demonstrations of their work progress to the broader team including executives.
- Creates developer documentation describing new functionality they have created.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Works well with others and respectful of those will differing skill sets and expertise levels.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Comfortable familiarity with the Internet and commonly used computer applications and functions.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Comfortable with taking initiative.
- Sense of urgency, a bias towards action.
- Ability to problem solve and analyze.
- Maintains a team player mentality with all parties.
- Maintains empathy towards clients.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Strong proficiency with the Linux operating system, namely Ubuntu.
- Strong proficiency with Git and CICD.
- Strong experience with React, Redux, NodeJS, Docker, GraphQL, HTML, CSS, unit testing and/or RxJS.
- Ability to adapt with changing technologies & frameworks.
- Ability to learn new skills, tools, development kits, frameworks, etc. A growth mindset.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.