Sr. Product Manager
Posted on 06/08/2021
San Antonio, TX
Plus One Robotics is a tenacious startup that serves logistics and e-commerce clients. The Sr. Product Manager at Plus One Robotics will own the pricing, positioning, and roadmap of user-empowered robotics software products. . The Sr. Product Manager performs on the ground customer research, competitive analysis, sales enablement, and market trends to inform key development areas for the product. The Sr. Product Manager will work cross-functionally with engineering, operations, and sales teams through product design, development, and maintenance stages to ensure product objectives are aligned to key results for the company. Additionally, the Sr. Product Manager will provide thought leadership on business model creation and monetization strategies to support Plus One Robotics’ product vision.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Be a critical part of a growing and diverse team primarily supporting new and evolving products with the following duties:
- Market Analysis – Lead market intelligence analysis for supply chain software robotics products. Visit current and prospective customers and perform stakeholder interviews to assess needs. Conduct relevant secondary research as needed to support primary research efforts. Understand and define market segmentation and related product positioning. Identify potential gaps in portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunity.
- Manufacturing Support – Ensure that engineering documentation for the manufacture of the product is complete. Facilitate any updates to the product manufacturing throughout the life of the product. Facilitate early discussions with vendors for major product components, including planning and replacement of any end-of-life components.
- Product Process – Own the market specification of the product. Determine a product business plan that supports sustainable growth. Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for product with Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and executives. Under the supervision of the CTO, lead product planning efforts such as product life cycle management, performance plans and analysis, and design and update initiatives, e.g. enhancements, cost reductions, and phase-outs. Support technical product development with product planning efforts, e.g. collaborative wireframe creation, persona design, feature prioritization, backlog management, and cross-functional coordination. Communicate, update, and gather feedback from key internal and external stakeholders throughout the process.
- Product Documentation – Partner with marketing and sales to develop and maintain product documentation, including brochures, manuals, spec sheets, API reference, FAQs, and other documents.
- Product Pricing – Meet with customers to understand how they expect pricing will work. Leverage and understand customer value, competitor benchmarks, and feasible pricing models to scope pricing options. Design and test pricing methods to optimize final selection. Perform and communicate financial projections for executive staff, CTO, and/or investors to ensure a profitable business case for the company.
- Sales-Enablement and Alignment – Work with sales team to develop customer communication plans, product training, and go-to-market initiatives to support product launches/demos/events. Ensure that sales pipeline is supported by roadmap. Balance the needs of immediate sales opportunities, technical constraints, and strategic plans.
- Marketing Communications – Produce product content for the marketing specific needs, including web sites, advertisements, customer facing roadmap, and sales decks.
- Product Ecosystem – Ensure that the product ecosystem, which includes users at multiple levels in both distribution and production, are considered in product decisions and strategy. Work with sales and marketing to define and focus efforts for customer personas within the ecosystem.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Entrepreneurial instinct. You thrive in a changing, ambiguous environment, and have a bias toward action.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly collaborative, adept in building relationships and communicating with stakeholders at every level.
- Willingness to relocate to San Antonio, TX.
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree, or a related field or equivalent applicable industry experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Product Management or similar function