Posted on 09/20/2021
Payroll Processing: Maintains payroll for all divisions/locations and related records including time reporting, recording the accumulation and use of paid time off, and miscellaneous leaves of absence; filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, employee purchases such as clothing, tools and shipping; preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
Accounting: Month End General Ledger Close – Journal entries, project accounting, and general ledger account reconciliations. Customer records maintenance, fixed asset accounting, Concur administration, payment processing. Perform accounting and payroll duties as listed below and as specifically requested by either the Corporate Controller or Chief Financial Officer.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Process employee Time & Attendance data from Epicor to Paycom and reconcile variances utilizing tools in the time and payroll systems.
- Verify all time is entered, submitted, and approve before each payroll, mid-month time capture and at month-end.
- Process bi-weekly payroll through Paycom.
- Complete all payroll reporting.
- Assist in maintaining customer and supplier records in Epicor.
- Fixed asset management including additions, disposals, depreciation, and reconciliation.
- Concur Administration including user admin, expense processing as needed.
- Process journal entries.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts
- Assist with coverage of additional administrative needs.
- Assist HR with Verifications of Employment for current and former employees.
- Assist HR with reconciling bi-weekly and monthly benefit invoices.
- Assist with annual audit request preparation including the retirement plan audit.
- Assist in monthly closing process.
- Other duties as assigned by Corporate Controller or CFO.
Minimum Education & Experience
To successfully complete all duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with 1 to 3 years related accounting experience, education and/or training
- Payroll experience a plus but not required
- Experience with ERP systems; preferably Epicor
- Advanced Excel experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Work experience related to percent complete accounting a plus
Personal computer literacy with working familiarity of software using Microsoft’s Office Suite products.
CPA license a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Business casual attire required.