Senior Buyer - Automation Components & Assemblies
Posted on 01/23/2024
The Senior Buyer is responsible for buying electrical components, mechanical assemblies, and other automation components, equipment, and accessories.
- Oversee sourcing for the following spend categories: mechanical assemblies, conveyors, power supplies, cable assemblies, OEM products, connectors, labels, robots, PLC/HMIs, and other hardware related to robotic assemblies or control panel builds.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management from the concept stage through completed design to ensure component selections are available through contracted manufacturers.
- Develop sourcing strategies based on cost, quality, lead-time, and technical considerations to support business requirements and drive improved supply chain performance.
- Create RFQs, review and analyze quotations, and compare interchangeable component/service options from suppliers.
- Assess supplier capabilities and qualifications for new product developments focused on quality, delivery, cost, service, and global presence.
- Continuously seek and identify opportunities for value creation, risk reduction, and new technology/products to improve competitiveness.
- Drive supply chain programs with outsource partners that will maximize material availability and minimize inventory exposure.
- Create and manage purchase orders to ensure that the suppliers are delivering on time and communicate changes to the business.
- Provide direction and supervisory oversight for administrative staff who support the buying activity for the mechanical and electrical components category.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain management, or business or 10+ years of electrical/mechanical component buying experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior buyer or equivalent position in the industrial automation space.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical/mechanical equipment and robotics.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
Desired Soft Skills: **
- Exceptional in-house and external communication and liaison skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
Wauseon Machine specializes in Precision Machining, Custom Robotic Automation, and Tube Forming Technologies. We are on a journey to improve overall performance through the pursuit of operational and business process excellence. Our mission is to be an outstanding employer, conduct all business with integrity, and be a positive influence in the communities where we live and work.Back to All Careers