Posted on 10/15/2021
Dalton, MA, USA
Crane Currency is adding a Project Engineer to the Dalton MA Team. The Project Engineer is accountable for the planning, designing, estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and supervision of projects related to New Product development. You would also collaborate in upgrading existing systems as well as design and manage new system projects. Projects ranging from basic to complex systems for pulp, paper, and security-feature production at all Crane Currency facilities.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Full responsibility of your projects from inception to completion
- Designing, planning, estimating, prepare/submit budgets, initiate projects, schedule and supervise equipment installs
- Provide support to R&D, Manufacturing, Process Control, and Maintenance groups
- In a managerial capacity, direct or assist Jr. Engineers, Maintenance personnel and contracted labor ensuring project completion and adherence of all company and OSHA standards
- Coordinate scheduling of installs and construction with our supervisors, suppliers, contractors, and other departments
- Regularly update Management on project progress, including financial updates and timeline
- Follow through with Manufacturing to ensure that equipment is performing satisfactorily
- Participate in activities to support Continuous Improvement
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Ability to create designs and layouts from initial concepts and/or existing designs utilizing AutoCAD
- Strong understanding of Machine Design including but not limited to power transmission, linkages and levers, basic machining practice
- Detailed knowledge of the pulp and paper making process and associated equipment, a Plus
- Familiarity with electrical and process components and design
- Finishing room Sheeter knowledge, a Plus
- Proven ability to prepare and manage budgets
- Ability to generate and evaluate technical specifications
- Must possess solid computer skills with Windows based programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook at minimum
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS Degree in a Technical field (Electrical Engineering, Pulp and Paper Science, etc.). Masters preferred
- Experience as a Project Manager of engineering projects involving multiple disciplines, preferably in a paper making environment
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD
- Excellent troubleshooting, fault analysis and problem-solving skills
Qualified candidates are invited to apply: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRANEAE&cws=63&rid=10736
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, a 401k match, bonus and more!
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/DisabBack to All Careers