Posted on 04/12/2022
Bloomfield, CT 06002 USA
Mechanical Engineer - VersaMove
The mk VersaMove platform is a pallet-handling conveying system. These systems are configured to interface with the process requirements of our customers. A VersaMove engineer has knowledge in automation integration, motor controls, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic devices.
As a VersaMove Engineer, you are responsible for designing pallet handling conveyor systems per customer specifications and scope. Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, you will develop conceptual layouts, final designs and BOMs.
This is NOT a remote position. mk North America does NOT sponsor work visas.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
The key candidate will provide technical solutions of mechanical systems throughout the entire lifecycle including conceptual and detail design, qualification, and customer support.
- Support innovation and creative change.
- Show enthusiasm and inspire teamwork and cooperation within the organization.
- Monitor and report status of current projects.
- Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Investigate, evaluate, and select product materials.
- Work with vendors to ensure designs can be efficiently manufactured.
- Evaluate tolerancing of component features and fitment of mating components.
- Participate in solving device failures by using root cause analysis and develop a corrective action plan.
- Support our sales team with engineering and design information as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to our customers via phone, written correspondence and webcasts.
- Travel may be required to support design, testing of systems, or provide customer support of fielded products.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
A motivated self-starter who both enjoys and appreciates hands-on, collaborative projects, fast pace day-to-day operations and the ability to make decisions that can help steer the future of the VersaMove product group.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus, extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
- Be flexible and have strong emotional composure.
- Able to demonstrate an organized approach to work, learn new skills, and apply newly acquired knowledge.
- Must be proficient in 3D modeling software, Autodesk Inventor a plus but will train the right candidate.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- 3-5 years of mechanical design experience.