Regional Sales Manager
Posted on 08/31/2021
You are naturally curious, enjoy learning about new technologies and are passionate about selling innovative measurement system solutions to customers who are leaders in their respective industries. More than ever, you want to accelerate your career and resulting financial success by joining a rapidly growing organization for a ground-up opportunity during early stage business and commercial market development. You are a good listener with the ability to understand complex applications and measurement needs, then define, propose and deliver new test methodologies comprised of integrated hardware and software systems. You enjoy engaging with customers, leveraging your scientific background to research, then present best in-class measurement solutions to your customers.
Possess a documented record of navigating complex customer organizations then adjusting their approach according to the needs of multiple customer constituents and closing relatively high dollar transactions.
The successful candidate will be both strategic and process-oriented with the ability to analyze customer application needs (as a consultant); then translate those needs to preferred choices of Radiant Vision Systems light or color measurement systems that meet or exceed the customer’s application needs (as a solutions provider). We seek a candidate who will proactively identify, create, actively pursue and close new market opportunities rather than maintain current business levels and relationships within existing long-term accounts.
This position can work remotely or from our offices in Redmond, WA.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota in support of national objectives.
- Maintains and expands customer base; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; surveys consumer needs and trends; tracks competitors.
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related scientific field. An MBA is highly desirable.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in complex technical sales and solutions which includes a practical understanding of company’s products, technologies, markets, customers, and sales channels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, yet collaborate with marketing, R&D, Engineering and other functions in order to achieve targets.
- Experience working with different functional representatives (R&D, QA, Purchasing, etc.) within a buyer’s organization and adjust approach in order to close the sale while being able to quickly identify key decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and insightfully identify market opportunities from data analysis or from marketing/sales relationships.
- Demonstrated problem solving, project management, and written & verbal communication skills. Demonstrated “detail orientation” and commitment to deliver on all assignments in a timely manner.
- Experience in optical test and measurement solution sales to the display, lighting, medical diagnostic/imaging devices or automotive industry along with and/or a technical, scientific sales background is highly desirable.
- Travel: as required to meet with customers and perform essential position duties, estimated at 50%.