Applications Engineer: Linear Motion
Posted on 09/06/2023
Montgomeryville, PA USA
Why you should consider joining the Paletti USA team:
The employees of Paletti work together as a team to provide our customers with the best service and products. As a small but growing company, we also value helping our co-workers. We treat our customers and our employees as we would like to be treated…with respect and dignity. We dress casually but we work purposefully. We like to interact with each other and laugh often. Change is constant here and we remain flexible to changing situations, both professionally and personally. Our work challenges us to be creative; every day is a little bit different which keeps things interesting. We also offer exceptional compensation and benefits programs, which include:
- Competitive wages
- A comprehensive benefits package with low employee payroll contributions, including several health plan choices offered through Cigna; Met Life dental; disability and life insurance plans
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous vacation (3 weeks/year to start), personal days, sick and holiday benefits
Who is Paletti USA?
Paletti USA is an industrial automation company that began with one basic goal: to provide highly flexible and economically viable solutions for machine and plant construction. We are committed to delivering high-quality solutions including machine guarding, linear actuators, conveyor systems, laser enclosure systems, and precision technology systems for our customers in North America and worldwide.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
What we need you to do here:
- Design linear actuator assemblies, gantry systems, support structures and create drawings using SolidWorks.
- Consult directly with customers on project scope and design and provide customer with CAD models and drawings.
- Prepare customer quotes for standard products and custom assemblies.
- Create Bill of Materials and appropriate documents for production work orders.
- Generate and detail engineering drawings for production and assembly.
- Provide technical support/troubleshooting to customers.
- Update and create Assembly Procedure Manuals, Installation and Maintenance Manuals, and product cut-sheets for existing and new product lines.
- In house product testing and new product design.
- Assist production employees with technical issues, and questions.
- Work with the sales team to create proposal drawings.
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers to acquire appropriate materials.
- Communicate with customers, distributors, and sales managers
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Please see above
Minimum Education & Experience
The skills and experience that will set you up for success in this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Three to five years of progressive engineering design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with linear actuators, conveyor systems and/or machine design highly desirable.
- SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Back to All Careers