Robotics Controls Engineer
Posted on 05/04/2021
Region: Americas Country: USA State/Province: Oregon City: Portland
Celestica, a global leader in high-reliability design, manufacturing and supply chain solutions is seeking a Robotic Controls Engineer. As part of the Celestica Robotics Center of Excellence, you will be a leader in the Robotics Design team that supports our customers who are developing world leading robotic products. Use your knowledge of mechanical & electrical engineering discipline, processes and tools to help our customers design, improve, manufacture and deliver innovative robotics solutions.
As a leader you bring experience in robotic design concepts, safety and global standards to our Robotics Center of Excellence. You will work directly under the Director of Robotics and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will contribute to the development of some of the industries next generation of robotics and automation products by designing, testing and/or validating products/ processes from prototype to market. Come be a part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise and ensure the success of complex engineering projects and programs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, development and transition of manufacturing activities associated with robotics systems
- Create controls system architectures for the use in planning electrical and controls system design
- Collaboration with the mechatronics teams to ensure cohesive design functionality
- Create and complete electrical drawings/schematics in AutoCAD/Solidworks electrical or similar
- Collaborate with engineering teams within and external to Celestica
- Verification of electrical assemblies and wiring meets Celestica and end customer standards
- Develop initial configurations for robotic systems as well as test verify communications and troubleshoot device I/O for validations
- Develop, program and commissioning robotic safety systems
- Analysis of inputs and User Requirements and perform specification review
- Prepare or update reports and documentation
- Liaise with manufacturing and vendors for technical information and specifications
- Responsible for communicating progress on tasks
- Formalize and update drawing documentation
- Liaise with vendors, fabricators, machinists, toolmakers and electricians in the completion of equipment and resolving problems
- Participate in safety risk assessments.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Experience with leading PLC/industrial controllers such as Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens or similar
- Expertise with robotic system integration including experience with programming industrial robotics such as Fanuc, ABB, Yaskawa, Kuka, UR etc…
- Experience with motion control hardware and software
- Knowledge of applicable standards i.e. RIA/ANSI/ISO/UL508a relating to electrical design & robotics
- Must be familiar with robotic systems in the areas of Kinematics, electronics and actuation methods.
- Experience with technical improvements including VAVE, DFx activities
- Experience with industrial control systems including designs, codes and specifications Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to determine shape, dimensions, hardness etc. in the development of equipment, processes and products
- Produce working drawings, detail drawings and bills of materials for equipment, or sub-assemblies
- Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards (i.e. RIA, ANSI, UL/CE or customer specific)
- A working knowledge electrical and robotics safety systems.
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Mechanical/Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering or related Robotics Automation Technology
- 5-7 years experience in Robotics and/or Controls Engineering