Robotic Mechatronics Engineer
Posted on 05/04/2021
Region: Americas Country: USA State/Province: Oregon City: Portland
Celestica, a global leader in high-reliability design, manufacturing and supply chain solutions is seeking a Robotic Mechatronic Engineer. As part of the Celestica Robotics Center of Excellence, you will be a leader in the Robotics Design team that supports our customers who are developing world leading robotic products. Use your knowledge of mechanical & electrical engineering discipline, processes and tools to help our customers design, improve, manufacture and deliver innovative robotics solutions.
As a leader you bring experience in robotic design concepts, safety and global standards to our Robotics Center of Excellence. You will work directly under the Director of Robotics and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will contribute to the development of some of the industries next generation of robotics and automation products by designing, testing and/or validating products/ processes from prototype to market. Come be a part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise and ensure the success of complex engineering projects and programs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, development and transition of manufacturing activities associated with robotics systems
- Lead and support program development as it relates to mechatronics functions
- Collaborate with engineering teams within and external to Celestica
- Analysis of inputs and User Requirements and perform specification review
- Prepare or update reports and documentation
- Assist in preparing customer documentation
- Ability to work in a team environment and actively participate in group meetings safely
- Responsible for communicating progress on tasks
- Liaise with vendors, fabricators, machinists, toolmakers and electricians in the completion of equipment and resolving problems
- Participate in safety risk assessments.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Must be proficient in 2D/3D design with software such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks/Inventor
- An understanding of the use of pneumatics and electronic actuation systems within robotic systems
- An understanding of the use of electrical devices (i.e. switches, load cells, photo electrics, vision sensors etc.)
- Expertise in the design engineering of robotic systems in the areas of Kinematics, electronics and actuation methods.
- Experience with technical improvements including VAVE, DFx activities
- Perform engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc. as related to machine and tool designs
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to determine shape, dimensions, hardness etc. in the development of equipment, processes and products
- Produce working drawings, detail drawings and bills of materials for equipment, or sub-assemblies
- Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards (i.e. CE or customer specific)
- Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, proper machining techniques, finishes, hardness, etc.
- A working knowledge of common machine shop techniques
- A working knowledge robotics safety systems and safety risk assessments.
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Mechanical/Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering or related Robotics Automation Technology