Robot Field Service Technician
Posted on 10/15/2021
St. Catharines, ON, Canada
The FSD team is growing! Interested in a career in the robotics and automation industry? With over 20 years of experience in the automation industry, Factory Surplus Direct is a trusted source for automation and robotic parts, service, and support. Be a part of our team!
FSD is looking to add an experienced Robot Field Service Technician to our team. The ideal candidate will be a team player that can work in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly motivated professional that can single-handedly design, document, specify and create small turnkey robot system solutions with minimal guidance or support.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
· 4 years+ minimum related industry experience – preferably with a systems integrator
· Minimum technologist diploma in Electrical & mechanical engineering (greater emphasis on controls & electrical)
· Clean driver abstract and valid drivers license
· Clean record
· Valid Canadian passport and ability to travel internationally if needed
· Able to read electrical drawings with full BOM’s
· Able to design, troubleshoot electrical control panels for systems (HMI’s, PLC’s, relays, safety relays, powers supply, VFD’s, pushbuttons, etc)
· Able to troubleshoot Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Omron PLC programs
· Troubleshooting electrical/ mechanical systems
· Experienced programming a variety of Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC’s
· Must be able to program, setup and wire, and fully integrate ABB, Kuka, and Fanuc Robots
· Must have extensive experience with a wide range of tools, and power tools
· Able to wire and integrate the entire system
Able to work after hours and weekends.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Experience in system integration
- Experience in programming Motoman, Kuka, and/or Nachi robots
- Experience with Collaborative robots
- Additional languages other than English
- Omron PLC experience / PLC Programming experience.
- Experience generating documentation for robot and automation system manuals
- Process knowledge in any of the following: Mig Welding, Spot Welding, Waterjet cutting, Laser or Plasma cutting, and Paint
- Experience with 3D printers and 3D files for part generation
- Experience with Mill, Lathe, welders, plasma cutters
- Experience with CNCs