Radiant Vision Systems
Posted on 05/24/2023
Redmond, WA USA
This position plays a vital role in interfacing with Radiant Vision Systems global customer base and distributor network by providing expert level technical support of our light and color measurement systems.
The Application Engineer contributes to Radiant’s sales team efforts (both pre and post-sale) by providing technical support in developing measurement solutions; preparing and delivering product presentations / demonstrations; evaluating customer readiness and conducting training, as well as identifying and resolving application or environmental issues.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to technical inquiries via phone and email, working across other teams to obtain additional information or support, and managing customer expectations.
- Develops alternative technical solutions; planning systems integration; isolating problems and communicating technical solutions; providing support estimates.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information with our own systems.
- Other responsibilities can include; software testing, creating instructions for diagnosing and repairing hardware.
- Practices quality service by following organization standards.
- Creating and maintaining product standards documentation, application notes, training manuals, and knowledge base libraries.
- Conducting training sessions for both customers (domestic and international) and internal personnel.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate with end users and our global distributor network.
- Highly organized with an ability to efficiently handle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly isolate problems and implement solutions in real-time.
- General programming skills would be advantageous.
- Ability to learn new concepts and systems quickly.
- An outgoing personality with a passion for supporting the customer
- High energy level and unquenchable desire to learn our business from the ground up (manufacturing floor to customer)
Minimum Education & Experience
- B.S. in Physics, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- A new graduate or 1-2 years of work experience.
- Experience in technical sales or sales support highly desired.
- Experience with presenting technical information to a wide range of audiences with a confident presence.
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 35%-50% of the time
Benefits @ Radiant
Radiant Vision Systems offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base compensation, an incentive target bonus (for non-commission eligible positions; the payout is based on both the company's performance and the employee’s performance), time off (vacation, sick leave, and floating holiday), parental leave, medical dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as 401k to include a matching contribution from the company and immediate vesting. Learn more about Radiant’s benefits by visiting our Careers Page. These benefits are designed to support our employees’ well-being, financial security, and work-life balance.
This position is eligible for experience specific compensation ranges based candidate experience and compensation will be aligned and determined based on this criteria. Fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges. Final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to experience levels, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Radiant Vision Systems works with world-class brands and manufacturers to deliver creative visual inspection solutions that improve quality, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction. Radiant’s legacy of technology innovation in photometric imaging and worldwide install base date back more than 30 years and address applications from consumer electronics to automotive manufacturing. Radiant Vision Systems product lines include TrueTest™ automated visual inspection software for quality control, and ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers, machine vision solutions, and goniometric systems. EOE
Apply here: https://careers-radiantvisionsystems.icims.com/jobs/1215/application-engineer/job
Back to All Careers