Sr. Automation & Robotics Engineer
Posted on 06/30/2022
Springdale, Arkansas, United States of America
This role will join a new team that is being commissioned to investigate, develop, and validate automation solutions for Tyson Foods Poultry Business Unit. The role will consist of developing and validating new automation and robotics capabilities into Tyson’s production plants. This is a role focused on the use of industrial robots, computer vision and sensing technologies, predictive analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. This role / team will work on innovative manufacturing solutions from development of proof of concept to implementation of these solutions into production facilities. It will require a strong partnership with the Information Technology team, existing engineering groups, production plant leadership and executive leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit plant locations and work with process SMEs to learn and understand the poultry production processes
- Assess the financial and efficiency impacts of these opportunities and design solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders in operations and technology teams.
- Create proof of concept solutions that can be demonstrated and tested to drive efficiency, worker safety and financial returns leveraging industrial robots, computer vision and innovative end of arm tooling.
- Work with Mechanical and Electrical teams, and Software engineers and suppliers to design and integrate production hardware and software.
- Design, validate, and execute appropriate test methods to address system design and performance issues.
- Facilitate complex problem-solving skills, enhanced collaboration across functional groups, and support development efforts for current manufacturing hardware and new system development.
- The position entails rigorous process discipline and documentation practices as well as excellent cross-functional communication skills to assure functionality, safety, reliability, and quality of the product.
- Partner with industry leading technology companies and emerging technology startups to source and apply the new technologies.
This position may require up to 25% of travel
Education/Certifications: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree or education.
Experience: 3-5 years experience required.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of industrial robotics, Computer vision, PLC’s, communication protocols, some programming experience.
Communication Skills: Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required.
Special Skills: Demonstrated ability to ideas into solutions, Good documentation skills, systems thinking approach
Travel: 25% travel required.Back to All Careers