Application Support Engineer
Posted on 10/30/2023
This position is primarily office based, and we will only be considering candidates within commuting distance to our Stoneham, Massachusetts office. We strive to keep our workplace healthy and happy with a conscious effort on maintaining a responsible work-life balance. As you grow in your position, a full-time hybrid working schedule will be considered.
This role reports to: Senior Application Engineer
Your role as a full-time Applications Engineer at IDS Imaging Inc. is to support a team of technical sales and customer service professionals as they work with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), system integrators, and value-added distributors across the US and Canada who integrate our camera products into their industrial and scientific equipment. Your role is vital to our sales team, providing technical hardware and software assistance directly to clients, while ensuring that they receive the highest level of customer satisfaction during the integration of our camera products into their systems.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Technical Product Support - providing technical support for clients using IDS cameras, software, and accessories.
- Application engineering support – analyzing incoming technical/operational questions and working with the client and/or their distributor to resolve hardware/software operational issues in a timely fashion. Occasionally this can involve travelling to a customer's location for support.
- Client correspondence – professionally responding to all technical inquiries via phone and email in a timely manner.
- Data entry -- entering support requests coming in via email or phone into our CRM system and tracking issues/resolutions via Jira issue tracking software.
- RMA processing – analyzing problematic products deployed at customer sites, generating documentation via our ERP system, and handling this hardware for return to the factory and/or client.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Top notch phone and email etiquette, as you will be working with clients and outside partners on a daily basis.
- Exceptional problem analysis and solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce, Confluence, and Jira software is a plus.
- Experience in handling electronic devices, wiring, optical lenses, and entry-level electronics lab equipment.
- Interest in camera technology or digital photography is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with entry-level programming & scripting (C/C++, .NET, Python) is a plus.
- A self-driven work ethic and ability to learn a broad variety of topics quickly.
- Professional, positive attitude, patient, proactive, eager to learn and grow.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- 2 years+ of professional experience in sales or customer service support role is a plus
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen, a U.S permanent resident, and/or be authorized to work in the U.S. prior to being hired for this position.