Posted on 06/07/2021
Houston, TX United States
FANUC America Corporation is the world leader in robotics, CNC systems and factory automation and has been voted by our employees as a Top Workplace year after year. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. We are currently searching for a dynamic, self-starter Software and Controls Engineer responsible for the definition development, implementation, and documentation of customer specific system controls hardware and system application software in our Houston, Texas office. Primary responsibilities will include:
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as part of an execution team to ensure success of FANUC West projects and Authorized System Integrator partners.
- Coordinate activities and act as technical liaison between integrators, regional operation and the appropriate groups at headquarters.
- Complete all controls and software integration and documentation within budget and on schedule.
- Provide strong customer service while assisting District Managers with routine sales issues allowing them to focus on increasing unit sales and profit growth.
- Develop specifications and designs for system controls (power, I/O, communications, machine interfaces, Robo Guide simulations etc.) to meet customer needs for the projects.
- Develop system documentation (AutoCAD prints of controls designs, Software Backups, System Operation Manuals, Spare Parts Lists, etc.)
- Comply with FANUC West standards for controls designs, application software and system documentation.
- Manage controls and software activities during system integration phases, including design review, integration, debug, run-off and acceptance.
- Procure quotes, purchase and track project specific hardware and software from FANUC West vendors.
- Manage and support systems integration at FANUC West locations and at customer sites.
- Work directly with Authorized System Integrator partners and end users to address issues associated with delivering options such as auxiliary axis packages, vision and option requirements.
- Work with Authorized System Integrator and end-users on robot applications and apply FANUC supplied equipment effectively.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Ability to design and engineer controls and software for factory automation equipment.
- Ability to read electrical and controls prints.
- Understanding of standard electrical codes, such as NEC, IEEE, NEMA, ANSI, NFPA, etc.
- Knowledgeable in engineering/technical disciplines.
- Prior experience with automated manufacturing or robotic systems activities preferred.
- Ability to design control panels, electrical schematics, I/O diagrams, and pneumatic schematics.
- Prior PLC programming, robot programming and AutoCAD experience desired.
FANUC America Corporation
3423 North Sam Houston Pkwy W #300
Houston, TX 77086
EEO/AA Employer/Minorities/ Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal ContractorBack to All Careers