Posted on 11/14/2023
Mount Prospect, Illinois USA
GAM manufactures precision mechanical products used in the robotics and motion control industry. We have an opportunity for an experienced Material Manager professional to lead all production planning, purchasing, and inventory management activities. GAM is looking for someone who is motivated by a challenge and gets excited about rolling up their sleeves, getting involved hands-on, and creating systems and processes that bring about positive changes in the organization.
Compensation & Benefits: Attractive pay plus bonus based on experience between $115k to 140K annually with choice of 3 medical plans, dental, vision, company paid life insurance and disability plans, 401(k), paid time off, holidays, flexible work schedule, business casual environment, and more.
GAM Culture: GAM’s mantra is – “GAM Can!” - and it’s the spirit of our entrepreneurial culture. We live and breathe our core values of Teamwork, being Action-Oriented, building Long-Term Relationships, being Professional at what we do, and having Fun. Our Material Manager needs to embody those same values.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
In this newly created position at GAM Enterprises, Inc., you will oversee Production Planning, Inventory Management, Purchasing and Vendor Sourcing, Manage a small team of 3-5, and access Data Flow for Accuracy and Integrity.
- Production Planning – All aspects of production planning. Forecasting, master planning, and material requirements planning. The Materials Manager (MM) will process all work orders, and forecast demand through the MRP phase, and resolve any capacity constraints.
- Inventory Management – Manage all aspects of physical inventory. Planning and maintaining the optimal level of inventory to ensure no stock outs of common products while maximizing inventory turns.
- Purchasing and Vendor Sourcing & Management - Purchasing all materials for the company. Negotiating, planning and expediting all materials into the company.
- Manage – Staff in the department.
- Work Flow and Data Accuracy/ Integrity – Ensure accurate item maintenance, BOM, routers, and work center data in the ERP System, including the costing. Working with GAM’s accounting personnel to ensure that the costs recorded and ultimately flow up to the income statement are true and accurate.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Must work on-site for 1st year, and then have flexibility to occasionally work remote.
- Experience at a high-mix/Low-volume manufacturing operation of discrete parts using CNC-manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of TQM, and up-to-date in state-of-the-art practices of production, planning, and inventory control.
- Experience with negotiating, purchasing, planning, and maintaining relations with Asian & European supply chain is a must.
- A true change agent that has a proven track record of implementing new processes and systems at a manufacturing company as well as having been involved in a Lean Manufacturing implementation at a manufacturing operation. The person must be persistent, tenacious, and assertive without being abrasive or aggressive.
- Proficiency in Epicor/Kinetics is preferred, but experience with ERP software is a must. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Outlook and Word.
- A creative problem solver who is results oriented, proactive, organized, calm under pressure and decisive.
- History of identifying and responding to internal and external trends, with an approach that fosters interdepartmental collaboration between managers to implement change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are articulate, clear, and to the point.
Minimum Education & Experience
- 7+ years of experience as a Material Manager which would include all of the following: production planning, inventory management, purchasing, vendor management, and logistics.
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering or Business, or equivalent experience.
- APICS - CPIM certification required.